Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this guide, I'm planning on getting this same mobo and I bet this guide will help me a lot.

I would like to verify if the gpu I choose will make any difference? I'm going with Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Is there anything special I should be cautious about?

Thanks for this guide, I'm planning on getting this same mobo and I bet this guide will help me a lot.

I would like to verify if the gpu I choose will make any difference? I'm going with Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. Is there anything special I should be cautious about?

From what I have read in the Skylake Testing Thread NVidia cards are installed in a bit different way. Feel free to use my BIOS settings and the kexts and patches I described in the Original Post but take a note and spend an hour reading on NVidia graphics installs.

Note: Obviously drop the Verdi.kext out of the equation :)

Anything that is not in regard of graphics I'll be happy to try and help you out with.

Happy hacking :)

@littlegreen now works your lan and nvidia graphics?
I am not using NVidia. I have a RADEON graphics card.... LAN doesn't have anything to do with graphics as far as I know, so use the kext from the guide :)

I though a slightly different model: GA Z170 HD3. USB does not work. More precisely, USB 2.0 ports do not work at all, even with the keyboard and mouse. USB 3.0 ports work with anything, but not with USB 3.0 devices. I looked at your config and do the same yourself in patches section. But nothing has worked :(

I though a slightly different model: GA Z170 HD3. USB does not work. More precisely, USB 2.0 ports do not work at all, even with the keyboard and mouse. USB 3.0 ports work with anything, but not with USB 3.0 devices. I looked at your config and do the same yourself in patches section. But nothing has worked :(

There is an awesome guide on USBs HERE. Try and follow it and see what happens. Ask in the thread there for help, I guess... ammulder knows about these things way more than us mere mortals :D

I haven't tried it out myself because mine work with the easy patch. They're not 100% properly configured but it does the job I need for the moment.

Thanks for posting all of this. I have a similar system with gigabyte-z170-hd3p, ie-6500 and gtx950.

I'm having troubles with getting the onboard ethernet to work. I've tried reinstalling the latest version of the RTL8111 kext downloaded from here.

The closest I get is it gives itself a self-assigned IP address.

Any ideas on what I could try or redo?

EDIT::
I was checking /System/Library/Extensions for the kext to delete. I also had to delete the old kext found in /Library/Extentions.

After deleting it and reinstalling ethernet now works !

After deleting it and reinstalling ethernet now works !

There you go - worked it all out by yourself :)

Sorry for the late reply, I was ill and didn't get out of bed much...

Nice tutorial/build. I just pulled the trigger on all the same components, minus GPU and CPU (HD 5770 & i7-6700k). Can you please attach your EFI folder? Any chance you know if Logic X is working on this build?

Nice tutorial/build. I just pulled the trigger on all the same components, minus GPU and CPU (HD 5770 & i7-6700k). Can you please attach your EFI folder? Any chance you know if Logic X is working on this build?

HD 5770 should work out of the box AFAIK. The CPU shouldn't make any difference I think.

I will attach my EFI folder to the OP. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back