Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just wanted to reply since I announced my first Hackintosh almost three months ago...
I eventually decided to buy a Radeon FX570 8GB video card as I found out they are quite well supported on Linux and better supported on MacOS.

Yesterday I finally managed to install High Sierra on my hardware. It took me a while to have the installer find the SSD.
Had to copy the install files and reboot the installation.
I now have to Multibeast the system to install Clover but I need to look for a guide about how to do that and how to install kext's and edit plists.
The network works OOB so I am already able to connect to internet. The system found updates (I guess system updates).
Can I install them or updates have to be done differently than on original Mac hardware?
Is it possible to upgrade version (e.g from High Sierra to Mojave) through Apple store or a new installation is needed not to screw up the system?
I didn't have time to thoroughly test the system as it was late.
CPU, ram and video card were recognized. The biggest issue is the screen has a pinky tone. The screen shows the white apple on black while booting then if flickers and turns green on pink screen.
I have to search for a fix for this too.
Anyway, thanks for all the postings and support!
Hi gijii,

Happy to hear you have your system running now!
As far as the 570 goes, I only have little experience with HD7770 - and that simply required a kext in the clover folder to work properly in El Capitan. I have been needing and using NVidia since - so naturally stuck on High Sierra. What I’m trying to say is the GPU issue should be easily solvable given that AMD are generally better supported.

As for system upgrades - I would always strongly recommend a carbon copy - just in case.
Bear in mind that new releases very often require a newer version of CLOVER - so a straight-forward upgrade in the sense of how macs do it is very very rarely a thing.

Do not despair though! If you backup, update clover before system upgrade - and expect to have iron out a couple of kinks - like audio and/or GPU kexts after the upgrade - you’ll have a good time !

Happy hacking!
littlegreen

I just want to let everybody know, perhaps this may help someone else, I solved the problem of the pink screen.
By the way I have three screens connected to this PC/graphic card and only the central one had this issue.
I found the solution on the internet (https://gist.github.com/adaugherity/7435890). There is a Ruby script to run from command line.
It regenerates the EDID's of the screens connected. Then only the EDID of the affected screen has to be copied in a specific folder.
Did this and the problem disappeared.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back