Contribute
Register

[UPDATED for Multibeast 9.2.1 and Sierra 10.12.6] Sierra On 200 Series With KabyLake Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. I have a Gigabyte z270mx-gaming 5 Mobo, i7 7700k CPU, Nvidia GTX1060. Question is, if I pull my existing Mac OS X 10.12.6 SSD from my Mac Pro 5,1 (mid 2010). Can I skip the installing OS X section and only do what is needed to create the USB boot disk, and then move on to post-install tasks? I know Mac OS X is far more forgiving than Windows with regards to moving hard drives between different hardware.

To answer my own question, yes, this worked flawlessly. Didn't have to re-install anything.

Steps used:

Create Unibeast Sierra Boot USB
Copy Clover Configurator and Multibeast to USB
Boot off USB, select internal SSD from Clover boot menu
Run Multibeast, etc as needed specific to your build
Bam everything is working as expected

what settings should i change for this guide if i'm using nvidia gtx 1060 GPU??

I am stuck at very early stage. When I Boot USB with Unibeast and twinning the files, I inserted my USB into pc (and also changed bios as per instruction), I selected Boot MacOS from Clover venue, Then I can only see the second black option, nothing else. Please refer me how to solve this issue.

I am using 7700k
Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7

@ikram1994, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Thanks so much for writing this. This was my first Hackintosh build (and first PC build in 15+ years.)

It took me several attempts but I got it working on my GA-Z270N-Wifi / I5 7600K. Annoyingly, Clover configurator didn't always auto-save my changes... Pressing Cmd-S after each change solved this.

A couple of comments:
Pretty ace to finally have a new Mac again.

Hello, I and you have the same z270n-wifi, but my motherboard does not work with the Bluetooth, there are flashing when the boot, but the moment, boot there are 7, EFI SSD in the final second, In front of all blank, every time boot to F12

my audio is installed AppleIGB v5.3..5.3, thanks

AppleIGB is an Ethernet kext.
yet, my network card is intel GBE, I installed network for AppleIGB v5.3.5.3, it is work!!! But other one is install
IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.2.1d1 for GA z270n-wifi, I not can find it in last multiBeast 9.2.0 ,it not work when I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.3.0 , Can you get me idea, thanks

Audio Method Two
Open Clover Configurator if not open.

If this is method two for audio, where is method one? Also I thought you could just use the latest VoodooHDA for audio support on the H270N-Wifi?

Also in the section where you describe how to patch the USB stick with Clover I am pretty sure you missed some "Replace with: ..." instructions. Your description just doesn't fit the screenshots.

Generally speaking, why is the install for 10.12.6 still so complicated? I thought that by now UB/MB had evolved to a state of maturity where you can just do the install with a few simple clicks? Would installing the 10.13 High Sierra beta be easier?

Last edited:
If this is method two for audio, where is method one? Also I thought you could just use the latest VoodooHDA for audio support on the H270N-Wifi?

Also in the section where you describe how to patch the USB stick with Clover I am pretty sure you missed some "Replace with: ..." instructions. Your description just doesn't fit the screenshots.

Generally speaking, why is the install for 10.12.6 still so complicated? I thought that by now UB/MB had evolved to a state of maturity where you can just do the install with a few simple clicks? Would installing the 10.13 High Sierra beta be easier?
Audio method 1 is in the post installation using multibeast.
I didn't miss anything just check one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back