Contribute
Register

Updated from SL to ML 10.8.5 I get black screen after boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacPro
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
Nvidia 450 GTS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I just updated my friend's hackintosh.
P55A-UD3 F9.
i7 2600
GTS 450
16 Gigs for Ram.

Installation went fine, it booted via unibeast USB I installed multibeast and when I reboot, it boots goes to apple screen, it seems to load everything then goes to black screeen. :( I then booted via USB again and chose the HDD and got the same black screen. The only thing I can do to boot again via USB is to delete the extra folder.

Any ideas? It's driving me crazy. I tried GE=NO, NPCI=0x3000... but no new changes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,
Pooya

you must boot with npci=0 after enter your computer,director Extra and edit file "org.chameleon.boot.plist"
and delete "x3000"and salve

Tried that no luck. It's so weird. Like it loads, but as soon as it's suppose to bring up the ML screen, it goes to black screen/no more signal.

Again, If I delete the extra folder and load the usb, it will boot, but as soon as I do multi beast it breaks. Could it be my DSDT, but it was working for SL?

Thanks,
Pooya

Am I missing a kext or a line in my boot.plist?

Here's the screen shot in Verbose mode.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 249
are you using vga? if yes try the dvi port. i remember having the same problem on a p55-usb3 with a GT210.

also try this boot flag PCIRootUID=0

Here's the screen shot in Verbose mode.

Your graphics is not initializing. You need to load the "Fermi" drivers in MultiBeast or download them from nVidia for the GPU.

Try booting with -v -f -x pcirootuid=0 and see if that will get you to desktop.

Thank you so much everyone for helping me with this.

It solved it. I ended up updating the bios to the latest F11. Then found a custom DSDT that was edited for Nvidia. and it worked. But I think the easier way would have been to go to graphic cards in multi beast and install the fermi driver... I don't know why it didn't cross my mind.

THANK YOU both,
Pooya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back