Contribute
Register

[UPDATED for Multibeast 9.2.1 and Sierra 10.12.6] Sierra On 200 Series With KabyLake Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I've this configuration:

H270N-WIFI
i7-7700
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB

I successfully got working Ethernet, Intel 630 but I can't get working audio. Tried with all the methods (MultiBeast and method two) an entire night and also Voodoo but it won't work.
Now I'm doing a new fresh install, may you suggest a new fresh method working with last version of Sierra? Thanks.

ok ive got this running on z270 k3 with i7700k

i am struggling with sound - no sound i followed the tutorials - any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've this configuration:

H270N-WIFI
i7-7700
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB

I successfully got working Ethernet, Intel 630 but I can't get working audio. Tried with all the methods (MultiBeast and method two) an entire night and also Voodoo but it won't work.
Now I'm doing a new fresh install, may you suggest a new fresh method working with last version of Sierra? Thanks.
Place AppleALC.kext into EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and set Audio ID as 11 on your config.plist then restart your computer audio will work. Make sure to check the input audio in settings.

USB Power Management
Those who looking for the proper USB Power management go to this link.

For precompiled USB SSDT files click here. Note This is compiled for this motherboard if you have different motherboard then follow the above link.

Also, don’t forget to add patches in Kernel and Kext Patches–> Kext To Patch

1. Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    Find: 83bd74ff ffff10
    Replace: 83bd74ff ffff1b
    Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)
  2. Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    Find: 837d8c10
    Replace: 837d8c1b
    Comment: Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext

Dear @jktaurus8

Thanks a lot for this tutorial! However I have a trouble for my USB management and power management. I can't get my USB3 working properly. I downloaded your SSDT files (I'm using a GA-H270N-Wifi and an i3 7100) but I don't really know how to use them. I know I shall put them in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ folder, but shall I put them like this, right away? I tried that way but it's not working better. Or shall I rename them as SSDT-1.aml for example?

Thanks a lot for your help!

For those having trouble getting audio to work, if you followed the Installation Guide I believe it explains that Sierra handles kext a bit differently. Because of this don't bother installing audio kext from Multibeast on first boot. Run Multibeast for everything else upon first boot, along wtih Nvidia web drivers and such, reboot, then run Multibeast again this time ONLY for audio.

This is the best guide I have found when using this new gear. Bravo for a job well done. I had no audio and problematic video playback, your guide fixed both problems.
Thank You @jktaurus8

Hi All, I have followed this guide twice now on 2 different installs, I had to move away from here the first time as trying to get audio to work which I did then stopped video from playing and I couldn't return as I had tried so many things I didn't realise that videos wouldn't play.

now I have started again carefully checking each time I try something but so far I have no luck with

audio no hardware found
video grey boot up screen everything flickering
when shut down or restart it freezes then eventually goes off

could anyone help so I can get this up and running? thanks

I have tried the 2 Audio methods listed in the thread and the inject intel removal and anything else that is listed there + other things I found in this thread only

I have this board - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270-Gaming-K3-rev-10#kf
I7 7700K
using the onboard 630 GT2 Graphics

Hi All, I have followed this guide twice now on 2 different installs, I had to move away from here the first time as trying to get audio to work which I did then stopped video from playing and I couldn't return as I had tried so many things I didn't realise that videos wouldn't play.

now I have started again carefully checking each time I try something but so far I have no luck with

audio no hardware found
video grey boot up screen everything flickering
when shut down or restart it freezes then eventually goes off

could anyone help so I can get this up and running? thanks

I have tried the 2 Audio methods listed in the thread and the inject intel removal and anything else that is listed there + other things I found in this thread only

I have this board - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270-Gaming-K3-rev-10#kf
I7 7700K
using the onboard 630 GT2 Graphics

For audio, if you follow the AppleALC + Lilu method you should inject the value "11" in Audio section under Device panel in Clover Configurator or your hardware will not recognized. Anyway if this method doesn't work you can install VoodooHDA.kext (2.8.9 version) and audio will work for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back