Contribute
Register

[UPDATED for Multibeast 9.2.1 and Sierra 10.12.6] Sierra On 200 Series With KabyLake Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does your post installation mean that you need to conduct both multicast and clover configurator or just one of them?

Fun fact. I don't remember if it started with El Capitan or Sierra. But for a while now MultiBeast just doesn't do much for me anymore, I have to use Clover Configurator. Reason being that a lot of the kernel extensions that MultiBeast installs don't get loaded anymore. In System Profiler -> Extentions a lot of these kexts show as "not loaded". If I put these kexts into the EFI folder however and use Clover Configurator to load them, they do get activated.

I assume that is because of System Integrity Protection, which I could deactivate globally. But if that is the case, why would I? With my last and the my current system I used MultiBeast to install the very basics and then everything else (Ethernet, USB inject, audio) via Clover. Works fine here.

I have tried playing around with all these settings, and still getting stuck....here is a screen shot, any help or advice greatly appreciated!!! View media item 189441

looks like there are no binaries for the graphics Fixup kext, or Lilu 1.2.0 which the new shiki demands.... any suggestions? is that required for install, or only once it's on your HD and fine tuning...?

The update is flawless without any issues.

1. Updated Via AppStore
***In Clover Configurator****

2. Removed 'Add Properties' for IntelGFX (GfxYTile)
3. 'ig-platform-id' changed to 0x59120000
4. SMBIOS changed to iMac18,2
5.'Fake ID' for IntelGFX removed
6. removed 'FakeCPUID' from 'KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES'

**Other Changes**

7. Updated Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
8. Removed Both FAKEPCIID.kext and FAKEPCIIDINTELHDGraphics.kext

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get my similar system to even get to the installation. I was having one issue that was resolved by using a usb 2.0 hub and flash drive. It now hangs at "busy timeout[0], (240s)0, kexts wait(0): AppleACPICPU". Stays there for a few minutes and then that line pops up again followed by the final place it completely hangs and the screen goes black
Final lines are:
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, Lin 0, elk 1,
IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Any ideas??

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get my similar system to even get to the installation. I was having one issue that was resolved by using a usb 2.0 hub and flash drive. It now hangs at "busy timeout[0], (240s)0, kexts wait(0): AppleACPICPU". Stays there for a few minutes and then that line pops up again followed by the final place it completely hangs and the screen goes black
Final lines are:
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, Lin 0, elk 1,
IOConsoleusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Any ideas??

I have the EXACT same problem....

I'm gonna say there was a hole in the guide for the install part... maybe I was using the wrong version of UniBeast, I really can not quite tell. seems like fakeSMC was missing...at minimum.

I started over, wiped the USB stick with disk utility, ran UniBeast 7.1.1
removed Atheros and rRealtek kexts from the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other folder, kept IntelMausiEthernet.kext, 2.2.1d1 , then installed only the newest versions(that I found) of the following Kexts, REPLACING WHAT UNIBEAST INSTALLED.
AppleALC.kext, 1.1.4; XHCI-200-series-injector.kext, 0.5.0; USBInjectAll.kext 0.6.2; and RehabMan's fakeSMC.kext, 6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759;

IN clover, I set
  • Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
    Find: 45484331
    Replace: 45483031
  • Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
    Find: 45484332
    Replace: 45483032
this was already there somehow, so I left it be, along with an icon patch
  • Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
    Find: 83bd74ff ffff10
    Replace: 83bd74ff ffff1b
    Comment: Increase port limit
I chose darkwake=8, dart=0, kextdevmode=1
fixshutdown00004, XMPdetection=yes

audio injection was set to 1, and I let that be also

changed SMBIOS to 18,2 . (Did not use the menu, just change that 4 in 14,2 to an 8 and leave everything blank)

graphics,
Inject Intel only (already selected)

kernel&kext patches
KernelPM, AppleRTC, AppleIntelCPUCM (already selected)

now I have to tune it up, the installer completed AFAIK, and rebooted but it jumped into windows automatically....
will update with progress, hope this helps someone!!

Wait, so you was able to reach the installer and install Sierra??

@citizen7, I could find you and kiss you. FINALLY installing following your steps above. What made you take these actions and what makes you think this is what fixed it?

Okay. May have spoken too soon. Because while I've made it to the installer and "installing" Sierra, for the past 10 minutes (since it started) the progress bar is stuck at the same spot and it keeps bouncing back and forth between 11-12 minutes. So not making progress

As soon as I posted this it started moving..I guess I don't remember how slow USB 2.0 is..haha

I'm currently posting this from the new set up. Booting from main drive. Just test sleep and while it shut down the monitor it didn't sleep the computer. Everything seems to be working including audio from ports and usb 3.0 speeds. I would like to get audio out of the Display Port. I'm connected to a 27" Cinema Display and while graphics seem to be okay thus far I would like to get the audio working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back