Contribute
Register

[UPDATED for Multibeast 9.2.1 and Sierra 10.12.6] Sierra On 200 Series With KabyLake Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Everthing is working for me except sleep/wake. I've tried all the recommended darkwake settings, etc., simply won't wake from sleep with keyboard, mouse, power button. From what I've read this is likely because I'm using the HD630? I saw @beaglenz has it working with a GTX 760. In your opinion, is it possible this will eventually work with the HD630? Otherwise if I really want it, I'll need to purchase a card known to work, although I don't require high-end graphics.

Thanks - your guide is awesome!
Sleep and Wake won't work with HD630. It will work on NVIDIA and AMD opus.

Hi,

I've followed the guide and I have the BCM94360CD card. WiFi works, but not bluetooth. It shows up in System Report, but no MAC address. In Preferences bluetooth is on, the Turn Bluetooth Off button is greyed out. I've tried many of the suggestions from the threads with no success. Any tips on how I should troubleshoot?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I've followed the guide and I have the BCM94360CD card. WiFi works, but not bluetooth. It shows up in System Report, but no MAC address. In Preferences bluetooth is on, the Turn Bluetooth Off button is greyed out. I've tried many of the suggestions from the threads with no success. Any tips on how I should troubleshoot?

Thanks
Check your hardware. it must be a hardware issue.

Nice guide, allowed me to get my Gigabyte h270 Gaming 3 (i5-7500, BCM94360cd) up and running with very little difficulty. Struggled for quite a while when I tried to install my GTX 760 as it would go to black screen part way through the Apple Logo progress bar. Had to change the system definition to 14,2 from 17,1 and then it booted up fine (with NVidia web drivers that I had installed although probably don't really need them).

Comment to JG2017 regarding his BCM94360CD card not showing Bluetooth - did you plug the USB wire into the motherboard?

Last edited:
Anyone update to 10.12.6? How'd it go?

Anyone update to 10.12.6? How'd it go?
The update is flawless without any issues.

1. Updated Via AppStore
***In Clover Configurator****

2. Removed 'Add Properties' for IntelGFX (GfxYTile)
3. 'ig-platform-id' changed to 0x59120000
4. SMBIOS changed to iMac18,2
5.'Fake ID' for IntelGFX removed
6. removed 'FakeCPUID' from 'KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES'

**Other Changes**

7. Updated Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
8. Removed Both FAKEPCIID.kext and FAKEPCIIDINTELHDGraphics.kext

Thanks - I read pages of the forum here with the feedback from others but there were too many variable builds to determine if it is working properly on 200 series Kaby Lake MB/CPUs.
I took the plunge after backing up my drive and upgraded. Went fine - no issues - still not sure I removed everything in Clover but I will go through your list and check to make sure all the entries are removed and cleaned up.

I have my system fully working except sleep/wake and HDMI audio through HD630. Thank you jktaurus8 for updating the guide for kabylake support.

Could anyone please suggest me if Zotak GT 710 is fully supported (with HDMI audio & sleep/wake). My friend has one spare & I can utilise it if it is supported. If not, please suggest me a cheap GPU which is fully functional with Sierra.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for your guide. You're my hero (y)
BTW, i have some issues and still need your help.
I've configured clover Graphics with 0x59120000 (ig-plattorm-id) but my onboard card still only 7 MB. How can i increase it ? And my audio is not working, so shame.
Thank you

I have a question. I have a Gigabyte z270mx-gaming 5 Mobo, i7 7700k CPU, Nvidia GTX1060. Question is, if I pull my existing Mac OS X 10.12.6 SSD from my Mac Pro 5,1 (mid 2010). Can I skip the installing OS X section and only do what is needed to create the USB boot disk, and then move on to post-install tasks? I know Mac OS X is far more forgiving than Windows with regards to moving hard drives between different hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back