Contribute
Register

[UPDATED for Multibeast 9.2.1 and Sierra 10.12.6] Sierra On 200 Series With KabyLake Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your iMac shouldn't be 14,1
It should be 17,1 - retry Multibeast with 17,1 and try with CPU ID 0x0506E3

Your iMac shouldn't be 14,1
It should be 17,1 - retry Multibeast with 17,1 and try with CPU ID 0x0506E3

I have changed my SMBIOS setting to iMac17,1 through Multibeast and FakeCPUID to 0x0505E3 and I'm ending up once again with "Thread 0 crashed" error. I have tried again 0x306A0 and was able to catch output before my system has restarted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170628-181955_01.jpg
    Screenshot_20170628-181955_01.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
@yashinisuki, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

This is an excellent guide.. Being a complete noob I could able to successfully install Sierra on my PC in very first attempt. Only thing I'm not able to fix is the HDMI audio output. Tried both the methods given in this guide and the HoodooHDA, but no success.

I'm completely new to Mac world, but I think I'll gonna have fun as I explore more.

Thank you very much jktaurus8 for your efforts in creating this guide.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install Mac OS Sierra on my PC using this guide, but I can't even run installer. I have tried using both 0x306A0 and 0x0506E3 as FakeCPUID values. With first one PC is rebooting immediately, there's nothing to see, even with verbose mode. I've taken a picture of what it looks like with the second FakeCPUID. I have also tried USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 ports, I have removed one of the RAM sticks and my GPU. Here are my PC specs:

Gigabyte B250M-DS3H
Intel Pentium G4560
2x 4 GB DDR4 2133 MHz Corsair RAM
Gigabyte Radeon RX480 4 GB
Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB
TP-LINK WDN4800 Wireless PCI Card

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, is your 850 EVO a 2.5" sata SSD or NVMe m.2 SSD?

Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent guide.

Everything worked for me except the darkwake=8, my computer would reboot on wakeup from sleep so I changed this to darkwake=0 (same as my Z170N) and everything works perfectly now.

Cheers

[UPDATE]

darkwake=10 is a more reliable setting

Last edited:
Hi,

Everthing is working for me except sleep/wake. I've tried all the recommended darkwake settings, etc., simply won't wake from sleep with keyboard, mouse, power button. From what I've read this is likely because I'm using the HD630? I saw @beaglenz has it working with a GTX 760. In your opinion, is it possible this will eventually work with the HD630? Otherwise if I really want it, I'll need to purchase a card known to work, although I don't require high-end graphics.

Thanks - your guide is awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back