Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Install High Sierra on the HP 8300 Elite Video Guide
It's been over two years since the original video guide was published. Many things have changed in the way we install and configure macOS on these HP desktops. Unibeast has also been updated to 8.4.0 for High Sierra. It now uses a more recent version of Clover and the Virtualsmc kext instead of Fakesmc. We also use the AppleALC and Lilu kexts for audio support, to enable ALC221. This is many times easier to implement and audio now works immediately after installation.

This video shows a new method of customizing your USB installer so that everything works after the initial install. If you'd like to upgrade directly to Catalina after High Sierra is installed you can do that. An update through the MAS will work. If you want Catalina straight away you can install that with Unibeast for Catalina instead of using High Sierra, 8.4.0 edition. If you have an Nvidia Pascal card, it's important to watch the Full 7 Minutes of the Video.

Remember that this is for a Clean install only

Find the original video guide here: HS on the HP 8300

Includes instructions for the mandatory BIOS flash and setup

The SSDTs for your specific CPU go into the ACPI/patched folder
You can generate your own by following this guide by Lisa Alterego:

Attachments

• High Sierra Files.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 633
  • I5-3470 ssdt.aml.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 437
  • I7-3770 ssdt.aml.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Hi Trs96,
I have tried to use your new video to install HS on a fresh disc. The when making the unibeast installer I added the drivers and kexts from the folder and I deleted the ones that were not in the corresponding folder in the video, basically so my driver and kept folders matched the video ones. Not sure if I should have done this bit. Install seemed to work ok and version 17g66 was installed. I’m not sure what config.plist I should be using post install. I have a 1050ti installed so I left the original config file on the unibeast installer along with the 4000 and 2500 ones. I have the 3770 cpu. I’m not sure what I need to do post install and what you mean by changing to the hd4000 config after installing webdrivers. Also do I need inject nvidia web on?

what you mean by changing to the hd4000 config after installing webdrivers. Also do I need inject nvidia web on?
No, don't Inject Nvidia, that's for older cards, not the 1050 Ti. For the i7-3770 you want to keep the HD4000 plist. Just delete or rename the old one and edit the HD4000 one to say config.plist. That's the one Clover will load at boot up.

The 4:20 point in the video shows how to edit the name of the HD4000 plist to make it usable.

No, don't Inject Nvidia, that's for older cards, not the 1050 Ti. For the i7-3770 you want to keep the HD4000 plist. Just delete or rename the old one and edit the HD4000 one to say config.plist. That's the one Clover will load at boot up.

The 4:20 point in the video shows how to edit the name of the HD4000 plist to make it usable.
Ok I’ll have another go. I thought I had to inject the web drivers in sys pref tab to get them to work. I was downloading a copy of HS .13.5 beta via another thread you linked to and might try again with that to try and avoid the web driver issues with 17g66.

I’m following the video through again. I have made the unibeast installer with and older version of the HS installer. Unfortunately the beta version I created wasn’t recognized by unibeast.
at 2:29 you say to keep the original config.plist in the folder if you have a 1050ti, when do I switch to the hd4000 one? After initial install?
Also when you move hfsplus efi you delete vboxhfs.efi. I assume I should do the same?
Also in the kexts at 3:30 you add the 3 new kexts then delete the realtekrtl8111, atherose2000ethernet and ahci intel generic sata kexts. Do this too?
My first run through booted up ok but I had no sound, is there another step for that or did I mess it up?

Do this too?
Yes, follow the video verbatim. Everything I show has a purpose.
My first run through booted up ok but I had no sound
When you switch to the HD4000 config.plist that will enable the sound. It has the Device-> Properties entry that enables both the onboard audio outputs and mic function.

When do I switch to the hd4000 one? After initial install?
Once you have the Nvidia Web drivers installed you can change to the HD4000 config.plist
That is what removes the nv_disable=1 flag so you can use fully accelerated graphics.

"macOS could not be installed on your computer" bla bla bla...what the heck???
With Sierra i didn't have this.
I have HP Elite 8300 CMT with latest bios featuring i5 3570 and nVidia GT 1030 :D.
I have followed all the steps...
It drives me crazy.

macOS could not be installed on your computer
What are you doing ? Those HP machines were only designed to run Windows. Sorry, it's Friday afternoon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back