Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

I have screwed the pooch... And doubled down on my idiocy... Twice over!!! Having googled my fingers off and been unable to fix it myself. I now come, cap in hand to the lovely folks of this forum... Please help.

As per title I decided to update my El Capitan (which I haven't updated in over a year since I built it).
I went to Tonymac homepage and saw 'update any supported system using built-in software update functionality through the Mac app store'

Thinking 'oh that's easy' I went ahead and did that.

And here comes the stupidity, I didn't backup my SSD before doing this, and I didn't update my clover...

So now I cannot boot at all (see picture for as far as I can get).

On the plus side I can chuck my SSD in my laptop and interact with it through there however my attempts to update clover that way have failed as I cannot boot from the SSD only look at the files.

Please help... I'm in great need!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
I am bereft of a CD drive ... however presumably that can also be booted via USB?

I'm going to get to work on the first part of that right away... thanks

EDIT:
that will update my system to High Sierra? Will it overlay itself or will it remove all my files?

that will update my system to High Sierra? Will it overlay itself or will it remove all my files?
If you do not format the hard drive/SSD then your apps and data should remain intact.

If you do not format the hard drive/SSD then your apps and data should remain intact.

Hero!!! Thank you!
That was my plan tonight, to back up the drive in its current state then grab my nuts and give it a spin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back