1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been needing to update beyond El Capitan for a while and have screwed up something early on.

I grabbed the current copy of Multibeast for el Capitan thinking I could go ahead and update clover and my system string ID to a supported model (current system is reported in my profile).

I set the dsdts for multibeast as per an old thread and did not change the BIOS at all.

The system now boots, but I lose video after the apple logo and progress bar. I see the disk is still continuing to be accessed and so the system is still booting, but again no video.

I am relatively sure I simply screwed up my dsdts or the clover update is assuming something false.

Can anyone guide me in getting access to my video again and clue me in on what flags I might need for upgrading my OS to the current release? I would rather not have to find someone with a current Mac and have to do a scratch install, but if I must, I will.

I wish I had my other Mac with me, I would see if my team viewer is coming up and I could fix it that way, but it is 210mi away.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
I forced video bios injection and changed my system definition back to Macpro3,1 and am able to reach my desktop. Now I need to figure out what went wrong so I can update my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back