Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
I goofed. I decided to update to the latest Clover (4910) using Clover Configurator, and now I'm getting a black screen on boot. I'd updated all major kexts prior to updating to 10.14.4 a couple of weeks ago. I've tried booting from my backup drive and my install stick, but I'm still getting a black screen no matter what. How can I get back in and what steps might I take to fix this?

I goofed. I decided to update to the latest Clover (4910) using Clover Configurator, and now I'm getting a black screen on boot. I'd updated all major kexts prior to updating to 10.14.4 a couple of weeks ago. I've tried booting from my backup drive and my install stick, but I'm still getting a black screen no matter what. How can I get back in and what steps might I take to fix this?

Hi there.

If you still have your UniBeast flash drive, use that to boot your system.

I believe there is an even newer version of Clover that addresses some of these recent problems.

Out of interest I am using v 4862 with 10.14.4 and no problems.

Hi there.

If you still have your UniBeast flash drive, use that to boot your system.

I believe there is an even newer version of Clover that addresses some of these recent problems.

Out of interest I am using v 4862 with 10.14.4 and no problems.

Thanks... I was using my UniBeast drive, but it wouldn't let me in until I did a hard restart (rear power switch), then I got in. Turns out Clover Configurator dumped a WHOLE LOT of extra stuff in the UEFI64 folder. Threw out all extra files and rebooted... life is good. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back