Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is for questions on MacMan's Haswell test build. Questions on other Haswell motherboards should be addressed in a new or another thread. :thumbup:

Questions on using Mountain Lion on Haswell motherboards and processors are allow so long as it's using the currently released OS X and not developer builds or other unreleased software. There are several Haswell based systems described in User Builds forum section.

I have the same hardware and I have installed 10.8.5 using unibeast 2.1. I am using gtx 650 for my display. Once os x was installed, I ran multibeast and selected the audio driver and hknacs ethernet only. When I rebooted, I got the Apple logo and then a grey screen at which it gets stuck, it would not continue booting. Please tell me what to do.

I have the same hardware and I have installed 10.8.5 using unibeast 2.1. I am using gtx 650 for my display. Once os x was installed, I ran multibeast and selected the audio driver and hknacs ethernet only. When I rebooted, I got the Apple logo and then a grey screen at which it gets stuck, it would not continue booting. Please tell me what to do.

fakesmc dude...

g\

Same too u dude...

i bought GA-Z87X-UD3H

i have a very stable system right now running 10.8.5

The only thing strange is this log message.

The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (HubDevice) at 0x15600000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (HubDevice) at 0x15500000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

I think they are one of the 2 USB 3.0 internal header (the one i never used) and the Hub is Renesas uPD720210
Its possible to fix this with hub firmware update like i saw in post about
GA-Z77X-UD5H usb 3 problem?

I love to talk with some one with same board

thanks

The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (HubDevice) at 0x15600000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA

Take a look here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/82678-solved-usb-devices-requires-too-much-power-error-when-nothing-connected.html

Also, put 'The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current' into the Search box at the top right of this page to see other related threads.

Take a look here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-much-power-error-when-nothing-connected.html

Also, put 'The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current' into the Search box at the top right of this page to see other related threads.

Thanks
Already saw all that posts about Z77X-UD5H USB problem, and tried "remove the power plug completely" trick.
I m confused because
Z77X-UD5H use Hubs form VIA and seems firmware can be update and all the stuff i read on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nside-ga-z77x-ud5h-usb3-problem-under-ml.html

This board now use Renesas Hubs, its possible to update firmware? or i need to wait for new bios? or i have faulty Board? This questions are tormenting me :)

i bought GA-Z87X-UD3H

i have a very stable system right now running 10.8.5

thanks

Hi freituk,

I have the same board as yours GA-Z87X-UDH3 With Intel Core i7-4770K
But cannot make it boot after OSX 10.8.5... The installation went well, then I had to reboot​
using the UniBeast USB "with option -x otherwise stuck at PCI Configuration begin".
Then install some stuff using multiBeast like Chimera V2.2.1 r2248 and now I'm stuck not able to boot on OSX even with -x Either blocked on "PCI ..." or "pthread support aborts when..." depending on the options I used

I followed many steps and configuration of my mother board like

- If you are not using onboard graphics you have to disable it!

- Onboard SATA set to AHCI mode with Hot Plug turned on for every port
- XHCI mode set to Auto instead of Smart Auto
- EHCI Hand-off enabled
- XHCI Hand-off enabled
- Secure boot DISABLED
- Network stack DISABLED (this only affects the built in networking features of the UEFI bios, conflicts with AppleIntelE1000e)
- When booting Hackintosh volumes, you will see both a UEFI and non-UEFI version of the device in the boot list, use the non-UEFI version for quicker boot.

I also so that an option needs to be disable "VT-d" from BIOS but this option is Greyed and set set to Enable, and cannot set it to disable !

I will be very interested to know which setup you are using....

Help will be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back