Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD3H

I think the top three questions that we need answers to before we can start rocking and rolling are:

1- Will the Renesas uPD720210 USB 3.0 Hubs on Gigabyte's performance boards cause a problem in terms of compatibility or power management? also will the Marvell 88SE9xxx chip cause issues? if NO then that is awesome news and all Gigabyte MBs would just work out of the box, if yes then there are few decent boards that do not use these chips.

2- Will the HD 4600 be supported or not? (i think we will know by 10th of June or by earlier testing)

3- Are Gigabyte MBs in general still the best compatible when it comes to BIOS and Power Management support?

If we can get the answer to these questions i think we know what to do, I will be joining the early adopters leagues in a few days with a GA-Z87X-D3H or a GA-Z87MX-D3H and a 4670K although i am completely new at this, but i will manage to get testing myself and see what i can do :)

Is there any advantage of going for something like the GA-Z87X-UD4H?

I'd like to see how the GA-Z87MX-D3H model fares! I was checking that out also, though at least on my end it seems to be a bit hard to get a hold of compared to the other models that have been recently released.

I am thinking of buying GA-Z87MX-D3H too.
I just want to know if it is safe to buy C1 Stepping board...

Update 2013-06-05:

OS X 10.8.4 doesn't contain any support for Haswell.

:ugeek::thumbdown:

Sad news...guess have to wait till 10.9 then

If there is a way to get Mountain Lion on a Haswell Intel i7 4770k Z87 chipset, please tell me how, cause i recently just ordered a hopefully soon to be Hackintosh with a Intel i7 4770k processor and Gigabytes Z87-HD3 motherboard.

Man i hope on June 10th Apple introduces 10.9 with Haswell support!

It's brilliant that you guys are already working towards supporting the new Haswell architecture. From the benchmarking I've read it doesn't seem worthwhile upgrading from Ivy Bridge or perhaps even Sandy Bridge. My recent Ivy Bridge build should do me for another 2-3 years, however it's great to know that when the time does come to upgrade, tonymacx86 will do the utmost to support the latest architecture as quickly as possible... :thumbup:

Let's keep the donations rolling in to make sure that keeps happening.

I wish you luck, but I'm sure Haswell will be supported when 10.9/10.8.5 come out, or after Haswell is used in apple devices.

thnaks man, but this is what we all know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back