Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
mtnlionapp.png
The original installation media for Mac OS X Snow Leopard was a 10.6 DVD. The DVD was only updated once to version 10.6.3. In order to provide more frequent updates to users, Apple is now slipstreaming the latest version of OS X directly into the download. Upon fresh installation, no updating is necessary!

If you purchased Mountain Lion from the App Store prior to June 4th, 2013, you most likely have 10.8.0, 10.8.1, 10.8.2, or 10.8.3. To re-download Mountain Lion and update your App to 10.8.4, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Update. When the download finishes, the app will automatically open. The updated 10.8.4 Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion App can be found in the Applications folder. You can then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.

mtn.jpg

If you don't see the Update button, follow this simple procedure.

1. Delete your existing copy of Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion.app from Applications folder.
2. Hold down the alt/option key on your keyboard, and click the App Store icon.
3. With alt/option key held, click on Purchased
4. With alt/option key held, click on OS X Mountain Lion
5. With alt/option key held, click on Install

If neither of the above processes work for you, try creating a new User account. You can delete it later.

1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Accounts
3. Click Lock Icon
4. Click (+) to add a new User
5. Create a new Admin User
6. Log out, and log into new User
7. Proceed with steps above.

Related Posts:
OS X 10.8.4 Update

Last edited by a moderator:
What If I need 10.8.3 because I have a GTX 780 and NVidea hasn't updated their drivers yet? Is there still a way to get the 10.8.3 version?

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.4

I have it sitting in my App Folder patiently waiting for a new UniBeast/Chimera Build with Intel Haswell Support.:thumbup:

Can I update from Snow Leopard?

Can I do this from my Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back