Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is disgusting me that tonymac never tell us how to solve problems during upgrade.

Updated via AppStore. No problems.
Z77x UD5H, i7 3770K, EVGA GTX 680 FTW.

Downloaded 10.8.3 from app store and have tried to remake flash drive with Unibeast twice (re-formatted correctly each time), but both times the result is a very small 21.7MB Installer app. Curiously, the USB drive with nothing else on it shows 5.12GB used. The installer app downloaded from the app store in my applications folder is 4.46GB.

Is it possible that unibeast worked correctly but for some reason is only showing up as 21.7MB on the formatted USB flash drive? Something is taking up 5GB . . .

(I'm trying to upload a couple screen shots but it seems that now you can only insert images from URL, is this true?)
(EDIT - I don't know why I couldn't add the images before, but I seem to be able to now)
Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 5.42.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-04-05 at 5.42.49 PM.png

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Thanks answerman. Indeed, about that much is taken up on my USB drive. Still curious why the actual installer app on the USB is only 21.7MB. Are other people getting this?

Screen Shot 2013-04-05 at 5.42.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-04-05 at 5.42.49 PM.png

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

you need to install the combo update

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640

Thanks. Good Advice. FYI for anyone out there, I was running 10.8.1 and the app store wanted to update me to 10.8.3. Instead of going through app store I downloaded the combo update. Doing this allowed me to install the update and then run Multibeast 5.2.1 with the same settings for 10.8.1, then run Chimera 2.0.1 before reboot. I am now writing from 10.8.3 with iMessage working. The app store still listed an update necessary but when i clicked on apple symbol in top left>software update... it refreshed and says everything up to date.

Now I will have a crack at getting Sapphire HD6950 working!

I am running nice with 10.8.2 with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P and CPU intel i3-3225 HD4000.

Should i update to 10.8.3, is there reason getting problem after update ?
What is the best way for making a huge backup before doing it ?

I need help from anyone who can. I'm doing a new install. I had a friend with a mac set up the unibeast usb drive for me and everything went well. I'm running into the boot0 problem and no sound. I can get back in using the usb drive but it still thinks my hard drive is external. Is there a link that I haven't seen to fix this. I'm running an old gigabyte P67A-UD3-b3 F5, i7 2600k, nvidia 650 ti.

Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back