Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Yes, unfortunately, I have the same problem. The system suddenly will almost completely freeze. The mouse cursor will move but nothing responds when you click it. I have the much-loved Spinning Beach Ball of Death most of the time when this happens. The way out for me is to hit the reset button and reboot. I've tried various things to remedy this but nothing has worked so far. Console reveals various different problems when I look at the log - each time it happens, it seems to be a different culprit that caused the semi-freeze.

I have this same exact problem, except I updated to 10.8.3 the day it came out and only noticed this problem yesterday. Has anyone determined what the cause is, and more importantly, is there a fix? Thanks!

After upgrading to 10.8.3 my iMac I had problems with some programs (hands off) acquired legally. In 10.8.2 they worked perfectly. There may be improvements in 10.8.3 but are not visible to the normal user. So both of my children's hackintosh stay at 10.8.2. It is better if everything works don't fix it. I have an iMac running 10.6.8 perfectly.

Regards

Sorry for my english (google.translate)

Same thing here, screen just locks up, mouse keeps moving. Been running in -x mode for the last week - update sucks.

I have had that exact problem. For me it was my video card. I was using a 660Ti and had the exact same freeze as you, but with a gtx680 borrowed from another computer or the GTX650 I am using now I no longer have that freeze. The 660Ti always froze when I launched a photoshop or final cut, or anything that taxed the videocard. Sometimes it would happen when I just had too much stuff going.

If You have bought OSX Mountain Lion before in the App-Store but it is not listed in your recent purchases, it looks as if you would have to purchase it again (on the OSX ML product page it will tell you the actual price to buy). In this case don't buy ML again because Apple will actually charge you a second time (you most likely will get a refund after complaining but why bother with Apple support).
Instead in the App-Store go to Store > My Account .... and search for "hidden purchases" (or similar, I have a German version of OSX so I can't tell you precisely what the menu items are called in the english one). For some reason, my OSX ML purchase was hidden there on my Macbook (and apparently I'm not the only one with that problem). Here you can "unhide" OSX ML and then download it at no extra charge from the "already purchased" tab.
Good Luck!

Am i the only one that gets random screen freezes on my hack? I don't get a kernel panic, but the whole system freezes and i can't use anything, and i can actually use the mouse, but everywhere i click it's not responding.
the same :((

Do i need to run Multibeast again after updating? :/

Am i the only one that gets random screen freezes on my hack? I don't get a kernel panic, but the whole system freezes and i can't use anything, and i can actually use the mouse, but everywhere i click it's not responding.

No, you are not alone, I had the same issue ( Gigabyte MB GA Ex 58 Ud 5 with core i7) . I switched back to OS 10.8.2.
Think there is a problem with the hacked Apple HDA.

I did the update not even realising that it was the 10.8.3 update.. Anyways... system couldn't reboot, did it the hard way, went into BIOS and disabled the VT-d on my mobo and it fired back up with the 10.8.3 installed!

Did the 10.8.3 update the day it was released, put it on my MSI system with a Radeon 6870. I noticed yesterday in Hardware Monitor that the GPU idle temp was nearly 60 degrees Celsius! After a little searching, I discovered it to be a widespread problem.

Did a SuperDuper restore from my backed up 10.8.2 and will leave it that way until this idle temp issue is fixed.

Ersterhernd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back