Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It fi ain't broke don't fix it

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

for what it is worth, I have a recent build. gigabyte z77n-wifi, ivy bridge i3 3225 with HD4K gfx, installed update from app store when demanded by OS, painless. rebooted, lost TRIM support, and Audio. ran latest multi beast from tonymacx86, reset audio to without DSDT 892 option, and re-enabled TRIM, works like a charm. enjoy folks! DONATE!!!

I screwed up. I clicked on update when it popped up on my hack. Now it won't boot.

Same thing here, screen just locks up, mouse keeps moving. Been running in -x mode for the last week - update sucks.

I get that with 10.8.2. It's not just the update.

Updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 and lost audio. Using MulitBeast loaded drivers (unfortunately, loaded all with DSDT since the first two passes did not work). After loading all the drivers, all was running smoothly for a day or two until I received the attached ending with the "System uptime in nanoseconds: 21895556793.

I can boot in safe mode with the follow switches -v -f -x, however I cannot get passed this screen without them. Any recommendations? Thanks

Gigabyte (Q77M-D2H) - DDR3 1600 LGA 1155 Intel Q77 with Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor (BX80637I53570K)

Attachments

• IMG_1626.jpg
    IMG_1626.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 348

Am i the only one that gets random screen freezes on my hack? I don't get a kernel panic, but the whole system freezes and i can't use anything, and i can actually use the mouse, but everywhere i click it's not responding.

Yes, unfortunately, I have the same problem. The system suddenly will almost completely freeze. The mouse cursor will move but nothing responds when you click it. I have the much-loved Spinning Beach Ball of Death most of the time when this happens. The way out for me is to hit the reset button and reboot. I've tried various things to remedy this but nothing has worked so far. Console reveals various different problems when I look at the log - each time it happens, it seems to be a different culprit that caused the semi-freeze.

After the installation everything is perfect, but the CD-DVD player is not recognized. Can anybody tell me why and how can I fix it? Is there some "drivers" to be installed?

I'm having similar issues with my DVD/Blu-Ray burner. Seems to see the drive, but doesn't play DVDs. Came at a bad time too, yesterday had to burn a rush DVD for someone and it said I had no burner!!

I needed to re-install the OSX on my HTPC hackintosh anyways so I created a new installer for 10.8.3 using unibeast 1.7. Installation was a breeze but the OS refused to start the first run. Had to use kernel flags ncpi=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1 to log into OSX. Truly the board only needs FakeSMC to boot almost perfect in to OSX so installing the kext, Chimera 2.1 boot loader and using my old DSDT for HDMI audio is all thats needed (Ethernet, VT2021 Audio and USB wifi kexts required as well). No problems logging into iMessage, App store, iCloud or FaceTime.

1. USB 3 ports showing as USB 2 and AppleUSBXHCI is not loaded.

2. Does anyone uses EFI on HDD to boot into OSX? Cant seem to find proper instructions for Clover on HDD.

GA-H77M-D3H (UEFI BIOS) with Core i5, 8 Gigs, OSX on a 100 gig partition on WD spinner.

I had to re-apply the Chimera boot patch for the iMessage fix before I was able to boot OK. Multibeast didn't help unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back