Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Am i the only one that gets random screen freezes on my hack? I don't get a kernel panic, but the whole system freezes and i can't use anything, and i can actually use the mouse, but everywhere i click it's not responding.

Same thing here, screen just locks up, mouse keeps moving. Been running in -x mode for the last week - update sucks.

I'm a fairly new Hackintosh user, and I am confused by this article--please help! I am running happily on 10.8.2. Can I use "Software Update... " to update safely to 10.8.3? Do I need to create a new UniBeast install USB flash drive to upgrade to 10.8.3, or is it just generally good advice to do so in case I need to reinstall in the future?

So, did the update.. multi-beast failed and it re-started anyways.. I kept getting no acpi kernal panic and after much woes, and messing with everything, i now get "a freed zone element has been modified in zone: kalloc.16"@/sourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.22.13/osfk/kern/zalloc.c:219 I have tried r-boot, safe mode, -F ... please help...

Update... SO... everything else was no good.. I was able to get back up when using Mt. Lion unibeast installer.. and PCIRootUID=1 -x.. Only thing was I could not do anything with multibeast (kept failing). I re-installed over my previous install and Voila! I dont know what the issue was.. everything up and running now albeit just a tad slower than before (log in times and running the desktop). Everything else is perfecto.. didnt have to re-do sound, or anything else. all good.. Thanks for the posts.. they helped me though I wish I didnt need to re-install and cross my fingers.. when it came up.. i was a happy hackintosher!
Side note. been doing this since snow leopard first came out.. this was my only issue for some reason... had to throw me a curve.. Credits to TonyMac, mac man and everyone else working on this.. :)

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3 (this screen after update)

any help? this screen after update!
20032013895.jpg

From my experience (updating 10.8.2->10.8.3) for any Gigabyte board that supports UEFI bios.

(Note: Best advice!!!!==> if doing 10.7.5-10.8.2: Use UEFI bios first!!!! get your machine working sleep under 10.7.5 first (usually bios setting issues). Upgrade to 10.8.2 will then work easily, with no big surprises. Note: Do not randomly add Kext in Multibeast, only sound, Fake, maybe disk, maybe video, but nothing else!)

My GA-X68xp-ud4 has sleep working perfectly, sound, USB 3 ports do not run USB2, have not tested USB3 under 10.8.2 or 10.8.3.
Now, under 10.8.3 the board works exactly as 10.8.2 for me.

Only sound kext is affected - run Mutibeast and ONLY add your non-DSDT audio profile (kext).
If using trim on SSD card, this will also be missing and Multibeast Trim seems to be broken by 10.8.3.
Search web for ChameleonSSDOptimizer, it is still available on several download sites. (also read up on its settings)
Use ChameleonSSDOptimizer to re-install trim feature on your SSD.
Read this Tonymacx86.com for reports about USB3. It seems Multibeast USB3 options were working on 10.8.2, but that 10.8.3 has broken this feature. I cannot test this information. I also read USB3 was working "native" for some under 10.8.2 (??) USB3 status information is maybe confused information at this time.

Is it like on a real Mac where everything (Settings Applications etc) remain and only system is updated or will i have to make a time machine backup or so ?

I'm a fairly new Hackintosh user, and I am confused by this article--please help! I am running happily on 10.8.2. Can I use "Software Update... " to update safely to 10.8.3? Do I need to create a new UniBeast install USB flash drive to upgrade to 10.8.3, or is it just generally good advice to do so in case I need to reinstall in the future?

Greetings,
I have exactly the some question !

I find this a bit confusing. I did not understand if I need to:
- do a complete reinstall in order to get this update ? In which case I would prefer not to do it, as everything works fine now (with my dual-boot)
- or simply installing the standalone update is enough ? In which case.. How ? :)

Update means all your settings and apps will remain in place.

I keep an 10.7.5 install partition and a bootable 10.8.2 (now) on a USB stick. You have access to the Time Machine files from the install USB and can simply recover and give it another try. After a while I will make a install partition for 10.8.2

You can install OVER your existing 10.8.2 or what ever, so when it comes up in 10.8.3 all your settings and apps will be there. Install even will quarintine 32 bit apps for you.

If it blows up, just boot with the USB or install partition and recover with Time Machine, figure out what went wrong and don't make that mistake a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back