Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
mountainlion.png
The original installation media for Mac OS X Snow Leopard was a 10.6 DVD. The DVD was only updated once to version 10.6.3. In order to provide more frequent updates to users, Apple is now slipstreaming the latest version of OS X directly into the download. Upon fresh installation, no updating is necessary!

If you purchased Mountain Lion from the App Store prior to March 14, 2013, you most likely have 10.8.0, 10.8.1, or 10.8.2. To re-download Mountain Lion and update your App to 10.8.3, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Update. When the download finishes, the app will automatically open. The updated 10.8.3 Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion App can be found in the Applications folder. You can then re-create your UniBeast installation USB.
1083.jpg
If you don't see the Update button, follow this simple procedure.

1. Delete your existing copy of Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion.app from Applications folder.
2. Hold down the alt/option key on your keyboard, and click the App Store icon.
3. With alt/option key held, click on Purchased
4. With alt/option key held, click on OS X Mountain Lion
5. With alt/option key held, click on Install

If neither of the above processes work for you, try creating a new User account. You can delete it later.

1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Accounts
3. Click Lock Icon
4. Click (+) to add a new User
5. Create a new Admin User
6. Log out, and log into new User
7. Proceed with steps above.

Related Posts:
OS X 10.8.3 Update

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's always good to be updated.

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

Yeah it's always good to be updated.

Downloaded and it says that the build number is 12D77, but when I have installed the 10.8.3 combo update, it was saying 12D78. How is possible?

Thanks!

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.3

my system is working perfectly on 10.8.2 is their any reason why i would need to update to 10.8.3. Will i gain any new features or better performance. This is my build and been using it for 3 weeks now without any issue at all. The only thing i do not use is the onboard via audio i have an m-audio usb sound card i used instead for music production and pro tools 10.

My Build also not using any DSDT everything worked right out of the box even usb 3.0. computer is super fast :) Sleep and wake also works perfectly!!!!!

GIGABYTE GA-H77M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i3-3225 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000
EVGA 02G-P4-2643-KR GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card(using 2 displays as well one dvi and the other hdmi with no issues at all)
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128
CORSAIR XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333MHz

updated to 10.8.3 and voilà, it's nice.

Of course, I make a 10.8.3 copy for my future
UniBeast installation USB.

Thanks !

Thanks for the update!

I have 10.8 Can i just make this steps from 10.8 to 10.8.3 ??? This would be my first upgrade ever! Please help!

So, did the update.. multi-beast failed and it re-started anyways.. I kept getting no acpi kernal panic and after much woes, and messing with everything, i now get "a freed zone element has been modified in zone: kalloc.16"@/sourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.22.13/osfk/kern/zalloc.c:219 I have tried r-boot, safe mode, -F ... please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back