Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to finding your Lion OX download. If you go to the Store menu an view your account (it will ask you to sign in again) there's an option to view hidden purchases which you can then select the one you want. This will list it back in your purchases list again.

Narc.

Get my hackintosh updated to the 10.8.2 version and it's solve the "blue screen" and "sleep/wake" problems... This works absolutely fine for me...

using the build in updater boinked my system, only way I can get it to boot is to use -v -f -x flags to boot into safe mode. seems to be a kernel panic relating to smbios that happens immediately when trying to normal boot.

I see mixed results ... mine was good. The upgrade from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 was very clean on my laptop... downloaded and installed from the 10.8.2 combo update .dmg bundle and before the restart, I needed to rollback AppleHDA and AppleACPIPlatform kexts (per usual).

Oops. Wrong headline.

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.2

System working as usual Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Dear mr_pie_guy1234

Can you please help me out. I have the same mother board and yet it sadly doesn't work for me. I downloaded the latest mountain lion from the App Store and used the latest unibeast to make a bootable USB. I can get it to install but when I use the USB to boot so I can install the latest multibeast but all I get is the spinning loading sign. I see everyone with that same mother board and yet I'm pulling out my hair. I have the latest bios F14 and I don't know if that's the problem.
Maybe it's a bios setting. Maybe you could let me know how yours is set up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks so much!
you're the only one that could help me.
After 10.8.2, can't reboot, in my FakeSMC file/folder I didn't have the plugin folder, my OEMsmbios.kext was like you in /S/L/E not in /S/L/E/fakeSMC.kext/content/plugIn.

Please someone tells this to everybody!
Thanks a lot!!!!

Felt like I should comment here and contribute, since these posts were invaluable in getting my 10.8.2 installation up and running.

I was running 10.8.1 with this system configuration:

z68x UD3-BH3
Core i5 2500k
nVidia 660 ti
M4 solid state drive, 2TB home drive

1. Installed Combo update from the link in the post
2. Rebooted
3. It booted to the grey spinning wheel
4. Restarted and this time booted with -v
5. I was getting the OEMsmbios panic everyone is talking about.
6. Rebooted with -x
7. Found OEMsmbios.kext (it was S/L/E, not in the previously mentions S/L/E/fakesmc/contents/plugins, though I'm not sure why mine was somewhere else.
8. Deleted that file.
9. Rebooted.
10. Prayed during reboot.
11. Hackintosh back up and running.

*notes: I don't use sound. I use the Logitech 960 headphones and it works like a charm. Wi-Fi is working. App store is working.

Huge thanks everyone.

It is not working out well. I had a very stable system. Installed 10.8.2. System crashed. Cannot get it to work. Audio does not work. I tried multibeast 5.02 for mountain lion.
My mobo is gigabyte Z68A D3H B3. Processor sandy bridge i3 2105 3.1 GHz.
If anyone has a screenshot of what I should install on multibeast it is greatly appreciated. I feel bad because I screwed up my stable system. Thanks

Check out this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/73181-difference-appleacpiplatform-kext-10-8-1-10-8-2-a.html
My system would not boot either until I ran KextBeast and installed the 10.8.1 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext in safe mode. The audio is simple, just run Multibeast and install AppleHDA and Realtek 889 if your using onboard audio.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back