Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.2

GA-P55A-UD4, core I5-760, Asus GTX460
updated without any issue :)

Newb here, too. Are you saying just update from the update just like a real Mac user would do, with a real Mac, or do we need to download the update FILE and create a new Unibeast USB and install from scratch and go thru all this hassle getting back to normal?

I just got the Software Update notification on my mackintosh, so do I just upgrade or start jumping hoops?

Tom

I have luckily backed up all my data on time machine so lucky me I got all my data. I think 10.8.2 is not yet ready for Hackintosh. I am not sure about what are the things that need modified in Multibeast. I am not sure what are the things I need to install for my motherboard.
Anyway once I installed new update I lost first Audio, I tried to get audio but it was unsuccessful. I tried various other things all were unsuccessful. Then I tried Unibeast with Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Installed as a fresh install. Then I used multibeast nothing worked screen got struck at apple logo. Also it got video issues so and so forth. At the end I decided I will go back to 10.8. Luckily I had another Flash drive on which 10.8 was there so I installed and ran old multibeast. Currently it is working well. I used time machine to get all my data back. I feel that Tony and Mac man will come up with a solution.

10.8.2 corrupted my install
Running a Gigabyte Z77 board (DS3H) and Ivy processor.

Ideas?

i used the same motherboard with i7 3770 and GTX 560Ti.
i experience same problem with others mentioning here, stop at apple logo.
look around in this forum, and follow the procedure for removing OemSMBios.kext
you should find how to activate the sound also.

I had a strange thing with ML 10.8.2 clean installation. I made the bootable USB stick with Unibeast, installed ML 10.8.2,everything was ok.
But the iStatmenus showed 15,3 GB used area on HD. I tried to solve but there was not any solution,reinstalled again with the same 15.3 GB.
I have the original purchased ML 10.8,so I made again the bootable USB stick. Installed it and iStatmenus showed the proper 6.xxGB on the HD.
Update to 10.8.2 with Appstore without any problem,and the used area was about 6.9 GB. It is normal.
Interesting.

I am having problems with this update. I've already downloaded it 2 times from the APPS store and both times Unibeast fails to create the USB drive. Unibeast fails to copy the installer from the applications folder into the USB but copies all remaining files

Help!!

10.8.2 corrupted my install
Running a Gigabyte Z77 board (DS3H) and Ivy processor.

Ideas?

I think we have to wait till tony and macman come up with a solution, I resetted CMOS and installed 10.8.2 and ran multibeast for audio drivers in 2 minutes kernel panic. I don't know why. I think there is something in this update need to be fixed for hackintosh to work.

Bye

Macaspirer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back