Contribute
Register

Update Your Mavericks App to 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Update Your Mavericks App to 10.9.2

anyone just run the update on it's own or should i do a clean install?

The full install is 5+ GB, the Combo Update is under 1GB.
Before the slipstreaming of the OS we used to update with the Combo Update and that's how I did it this time too. Works fine.

Tert,
I've just updated to 10.9.2. and it' screwed up my audio , i.e., I have no sound inputs at all
You've reinstalled Audio Drivers how do you reinstall the drivers?? I'm not even sure where the drivers are to instal

Any help though would be great

Geoff

You run Multibeast again to install the sound drivers and magically they'll work again.

Tried to update my USB flash drive to 10.9.2. Downloaded 10.9.2 to Applications folder, plugged the USB flash drive, reformat using Disk Utility: MBR, USB, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), downloaded UniBeast 3.0.1. Launch UniBeast, but the USB drive didn't show up in the destination to install.
My last time to install UniBeast was for upgrading to 10.9, and no problem at all at that time.
Why this time UniBeast doesn't recognize the USB flash drive?

Tried to update my USB flash drive to 10.9.2. Downloaded 10.9.2 to Applications folder, plugged the USB flash drive, reformat using Disk Utility: MBR, USB, Mac OS Extended (Journaled), downloaded UniBeast 3.0.1. Launch UniBeast, but the USB drive didn't show up in the destination to install.
My last time to install UniBeast was for upgrading to 10.9, and no problem at all at that time.
Why this time UniBeast doesn't recognize the USB flash drive?
I had this problem before try reformating with GUID partition table then reformat again to MBR worked for me although you can just use the GUID partition table if using on a system with Mac already on it

I just finished updating from Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.2 via Apple Store and for the second time I lost audio again. I tried several audio drivers including the original Realtek without DSDT ALC887/888b Current v. 100302 to no avail. I'm trying to avoid creating an USB Unibeast 10.9.2 to save time. Has anyone had the same problem and how did you fix it? Much obliged.

GA Z77- DS3H Rev. 1.1
i7- 3770
16 G Corsair RAM
1 T WD SATA
Ge Force 650
Sometimes for reasons that elude explanation (perhaps manual change of permissions or ownership), the audio kexts just refuse to be replaced. On your 10.9.2 system, go to /S/L/E and check on AppleHDA.kext. The version should be Toledo 887, and you should also have HDAEnabler1.kext. If not, then manually change the audio kexts to another name such as AppleHDA.oldkext and re-run Multibeast. I assume you're using uefi not a patched dsdt, but in either case, make sure you select the correct audio kext [887] for your setup.

I had this problem before try reformating with GUID partition table then reformat again to MBR worked for me although you can just use the GUID partition table if using on a system with Mac already on it

Thanks. Tried that also, but didn't work.
It seems UniBeast can only display 3 destination drives. Three drives are installed in my computer already, and thus the USB drive is the 4th and is not displayed. I will try running UniBeast again next time when I get the chance to open the computer case.

Tert,
I've just updated to 10.9.2. and it' screwed up my audio , i.e., I have no sound inputs at all
You've reinstalled Audio Drivers how do you reinstall the drivers?? I'm not even sure where the drivers are to instal

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

You'll need to re-run Multibeast to get your drivers back. After you've fully installed the 10.9.2 update from the App Store, open up Multibeast and use the same settings/options you did when you originally installed Mavericks. Run it, restart, and you should be good to go.

What I'd recommend doing is saving the MultiBeast and your MultiBeast preset somewhere safe - that way it's always on hand for when you need to re-run MultiBeast and you don't have to worry about keeping track of what kexts you need to install whenever you do an update.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Tert,

Geoff

Hey Geoff,

You'll need to re-run Multibeast to get your drivers back. After you've fully installed the 10.9.2 update from the App Store, open up Multibeast and use the same settings/options you did when you originally installed Mavericks. Run it, restart, and you should be good to go.

What I'd recommend doing is saving the MultiBeast app and your MultiBeast preset somewhere safe - that way it's always on hand for when you need to re-run MultiBeast and you don't have to worry about keeping track of what kexts you need to install whenever you do an update.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

The Cupertino guys must have read Tonymac's site and the complains. Now not one issue with 10.9.2;)
Thanks Apple's universal Windows hardware compatible software ;) You might live in the West or far East, never forget using Uni and MultiBeast!

Apple would only benefit if more people use their OS without buying their hardware. People like me even though I can afford their hardware would never buy their current lineup because they don't offer a custom mid-range model. It's either too low end or too pricey highend stuff like MacPro. My current Hackintosh setup cost more than 2 iMacs but I enjoy having the choice of picking what parts that matters to me instead of just getting a pricy iMac that has a weak graphics.

Hey buddy, I'm have a very similar system to you and was curious if you had to use any bootflags or specific settings for the 10.9.2 install. I've been having a hell of a time but I'm a noob to this so I'm not sure what the heck is going on.

My hardware specs are:
GA-h87m-d3h (F7)
i7-4770
EVGA GTX 650 1GB
2x4 GB Team Vulcan memory 1600 MHz
Samsung DVD drive
old G4 Quicksilver case modded
500W PSU

Any help is much better than where I'm at now. I've used -v, -f, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, etc.

I'm getting stuck at [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- complete

thanks

FOLLOW UP:

don't use VGA!!!!!!!!! Switched to HDMI and solved all my problems. Only used -v boot flag. 10.9.2 running smoothly after Multibeast! Thanks to community out there - couldn't have done it without your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back