GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have updated from El Capitan with unibeast 7.0. No problem with install. 1st reboot ok.
It was running correctly no problem with essentials (Trim ok, iMessage ok, Audio ok, USB3 ok...)
At 2nd reboot it failed, it is rebooting when switching from the Apple to next screen. It can only boot in safe mode.
System description is in my profile (GA-Z77X-UD5H, Clover...)
In verbose mode:
Previous shut down cause:5
AMFI: code signature validation failed
see picture
Any idea?
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 22.55.41.png

This happens to me too and the only thing that makes it work is to start without cache every time. I think it has to do with the definition under Clover configurator but I run into this issue as well? Have you figured out what's causing the issues?

This happens to me too and the only thing that makes it work is to start without cache every time. I think it has to do with the definition under Clover configurator but I run into this issue as well? Have you figured out what's causing the issues?
Yes. It is fixed. It was options in Clover to have a clean screen at boot.

sorry, can you elaborate a little bit more please?
It is a patch in IOGraphicsFamily.ktext done with Clover that was responsible of this signature problem.
This patch was intended to avoid the garbage on the boot screen. I just removed the patch to fix the problem.fin
It was a little bit long to find the cause:
To check what was wrong, I removed all the old kexts (before Sierra) and put only FakeSMC (my or your mobo needs only that). It was still rebooting at startup.
I removed config.plist. It booted normally and I got a black screen but not reboot (expected, an injection is needed for my video).
I put it again and try to remove all the patches that are not mandatory and then putting them again 1 by 1

Last edited:
It is a patch in IOGraphicsFamily.ktext done with Clover that was responsible of this signature problem.
This patch was intended to avoid the garbage on the boot screen. I just removed the patch to fix the problem.fin
It was a little bit long to find the cause:
To check what was wrong, I removed all the old kexts (before Sierra) and put only FakeSMC (my or your mobo needs only that). It was still rebooting at startup.
I removed config.plist. It booted normally and I got a black screen but not reboot (expected, an injection is needed for my video).
I put it again and try to remove all the patches that are not mandatory and then putting them again 1 by 1
Wow, that was very elaborate. I'll try that, perhaps I have the same Kext that's messing up my setup. I'll update to confirm. Thank you!

So this is weird, I finally got around to check if I had that kext or that patch and I don't have it. I can run Sierra but only "without cache" It runs fine but I can't seem to find the culprit, do you have any other ideas? I'll attach my config.plist see if maybe you can spot what is causing the reboot and messed up text at startup.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 353
Yeah, I tried everything and even tried editing the plist to boot without caches

Code:
        <key>NoCaches</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
but it doesn't work unless I press spacebar from clover and check-mark "without caches". That's the only way I can get to Sierra.

Why not try clearing your kext caches, then rebooting?

• sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
  • sudo kextcache -system-caches

Let me give it ago. I'll update, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back