HD-3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's been a while since I did my last update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 in May this year. I had been away from the thrill of updating (or sometime the pain of it).

Today, I updated my mini box to 10.8.5 using Software Update. I thought of using the combo update, but saw some people doing the update using Software Update, I thought I could try it out. And it worked really well.

Before the update, my mini box had been working for everything except for Wifl (TL-WL781ND) that occasionally dropped but the wired ethernet was working, so this didn't bother me very much.

Today, after the update process completed, the machine restarted and without running any post installation procedure, everything appeared to be working except the Wifi.

The Wifi card was not even visible, so I reinstalled IO80211Family.kext that that was working with 10.8.3. That made the card visible, but the status of the interface still didn't get shown as active in the system profile.

So, I thought I should try a newer version of this kext and got one with version 5.3 (my old one had version 4.0). I installed this newer one, and the Wifi started to work again.

I hope people having an issue with this Wifi card after updating to 10.8.5 can get this newer IO80211Family kext to solve the issue.

I will probably stick with 10.8.5 until I have read those Mavericks related posts and feel comfortable with another update :)

need to make a correction to my posting.

I had to reinstall ALC889 using multibeast to get the audio working (analog and digital) as expected.
I didn't notice the audio missing first because I was getting the audio over AirPlay which was not influenced by the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back