1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
how do i do this
now running 10.8.0 just fine

do i just use app store?
or
download from apple.com?

and do i start multi beast after i install before restart??

thanks for any answer this is my first hack so please help me

how do i do this
now running 10.8.0 just fine

do i just use app store?
or
download from apple.com?

and do i start multi beast after i install before restart??

thanks for any answer this is my first hack so please help me

Generally you use the combo update from apple.com. That avoids some awkwardness that is forced by AppStore update (AppStore update will shutdown/restart the computer before giving you a chance to run MB).

And, you will have to run Multibeast after the update to install any patched/replacement kexts that are overwritten by the update. Common ones would be AppleHDA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (unless you're using patched BIOS), and for laptops AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext. The specifics depend on your hardware and what you had to do originally to get a working system. Things like DSDT, SSDT, an other kexts don't generally need to be re-installed.

10.8.3 is around the corner... should be released pretty soon. Hold out till then and get the combo update from the Apple web site. You may as well if you want the latest in display drivers etc. There will not be any issues other than replacing the updated AppleHDA kext with the version that currently works for you. So keep a backup of that as you will need it after any update. Same applies to any other patched kexts you may have needed... you have'nt mentioned your system specs so I can't tell you which ones they would be.

I will be updating to the 10.8.3.
So is it safe to say that once I get the combo update and install it i should just run the multibeast with the same installs as I did when I first setup my machine?
I had to use the DSDT free, and install audio, ethernet, 1080 display, and PCI root ID fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back