Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got randomly freeze. anyone know this issue ?

Audio is not workin after updating to 10.13.5. I tried to use the multibeast method first installing series 100/200 then reboot and install alc with multibeast. However, upon the first attempt my multibeast installer failed directly.

Was anyone succesful in updating to 10.13.5?

Running 10.14 on this board now. All working well, except for video acceleration. Just need Web Drivers released. Very smooth installation, maybe the easiest ever for this machine for me.

Running 10.14 on this board now. All working well, except for video acceleration. Just need Web Drivers released. Very smooth installation, maybe the easiest ever for this machine for me.
can you explain the update steps?

can you explain the update steps?
Used my 10.12.6 config.plist, created a USB installer of Mojave, standard installation of Clover onto its EFI, dropped in my config file and kexts (added Lilu+WhateverGreen), added apfs.efi to the appropriate location. Booted USB and installed, rebooted a few times during this and made sure to F12 and select the installer on the HD. Installed Clover to the HD's EFI on first boot (Standard installation again), dropped in kexts, apfs.efi, and my config from the USB. After that I grabbed the DW1560 kexts for Bluetooth and Wifi from another user who installed Mojave on an XPS 15 (in my profile). Rebooted and done! Everything working as before with the exception of auto-sleep *if* I sign into iCloud. This happens on my other build in Mojave too... Haven't gone down that rabbit hole yet. Also used Nvidia-Update from Github to install and patch old web drivers... This allowed my 960 to be detected and mostly work, but I have some artifacts and do not have full acceleration. Will have to wait for Nvidia to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back