Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get dual monitors working on 10.13 with Intel HD Graphics 530

Otherwise, I seem to be up and running on 10.13. Had to do a new install, not upgrade.

I will post a my guide once I am able to include the fix for dual monitors on integrated HD 530 graphics.

I can't get dual monitors working on 10.13 with Intel HD Graphics 530

Otherwise, I seem to be up and running on 10.13. Had to do a new install, not upgrade.

I will post a my guide once I am able to include the fix for dual monitors on integrated HD 530 graphics.

I managed to get mine working up until i installed the bluetooth and wifi and usbinjectall kext. Not sure which one though.

What kexts did u use and not use?

Update:
usbinjectall kext caused problems so i just removed it. i did a clean install though. So i will be trying the upgrade method once get all functions to work just like in my 10.12.6

Pending: dual monitor and hdmi audio (can’t seem to get the patch to work)

Last edited:
So here is what I did:

Booted with these kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Once booted, installed with KextBeast all above plus these in /Library/Extensions/
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Rebooted and ran:
Audio Fix: audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command
Graphics Fix: AGDPfix

Rebooted and installed 3 AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer patches into config.plist
Kernel and Kext Patches
HD530 Port 5 HDMI fix
HD530 Port 6 HDMI fix
HD530 Port 7 DVI fix

Three AppleHDA patches were already installed by audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command

So you got dual monitors working by removing USBInjectAll.kext? How do you remove a kext? Just delete if from /Library/Extensions/?

All my kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and Not in /Library/Extensions/ coz i was having trouble booting up.

FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID.kext
shiki.kext

I am not using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
And initially i also put USBInjectAll.kext which cause boot to freeze. I removed it by booting up using the highsierra install disk, mount efi, opened terminal and used command:

sudo rm -r

Before pressing enter, go to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and drag the USBinjectAll.kext to the terminal so the path will be written. Click terminal and hit enter. Enter password and the kext will be removed.

I read from rehabman that this is how to remove or install kexts properly.

Then in config.plist i added boot argument -shikihva=1 to have video accelration turn on (faster video encoding, see post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hics-in-imac-17-1.216447/page-25#post-1593788 if interested)

I havent installed dual monitor yet as my priority is to get HDMI audio first. I will try the oatches that u have suggested. Maybe that will help? Coz in my previous config.plist with sierra having hdmi audio, those patches are present.

So here is what I did:

Rebooted and installed 3 AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer patches into config.plist
Kernel and Kext Patches
HD530 Port 5 HDMI fix
HD530 Port 6 HDMI fix
HD530 Port 7 DVI fix

UPDATE: adding the above patches enabled my HDMI Audio! thank you.

Last edited:
Here is the my EFI working on 10.13 perfectly.

Main: H170N-wifi
CPU: i3 6100
SSD: OCZ NVME Rd400
Strix 750 TI
Wifi: DW1560

all iMessage, wireless, bluetooth, handoff, airdrop, power management... working fine.

Screen_Shot_2017_10_03_at_7_12_10_PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.1 MB · Views: 326
does anyone have any idea why would USBInjectAll cause my machine to be stuck at the apple logo boot? I always see this as one of the kexts needed in the system, so without this, would my hack have any problems?
may be your config.plist is wrong something

neilryan

I removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext without noticing any changes. I am not having trouble (that I know) with USBInjectAll.kext. I didn’t yet install shiki.kext. Near as I can tell, the kext relates to allowing iTunes to play movies. I don’t do that on my machine. Does it enable anything else?

I followed shuhung’s guide on dual monitors but it didn’t work on my machine:
<https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ith-dual-monitors.214125/page-18#post-1596428>

Other than dual monitors (and maybe some iTunes movie issue I don’t know), I have become aware of an issue with the display freezing periodically and randomly for a few seconds before again accepting the commands of my keyboard and mouse.

I managed to get mine working up until i installed the bluetooth and wifi and usbinjectall kext. Not sure which one though.

What kexts did u use and not use?

Update:
usbinjectall kext caused problems so i just removed it. i did a clean install though. So i will be trying the upgrade method once get all functions to work just like in my 10.12.6

Pending: dual monitor and hdmi audio (can’t seem to get the patch to work)
All my kexts are in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and Not in /Library/Extensions/ coz i was having trouble booting up.

FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID.kext
shiki.kext

I am not using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
And initially i also put USBInjectAll.kext which cause boot to freeze. I removed it by booting up using the highsierra install disk, mount efi, opened terminal and used command:

sudo rm -r

Before pressing enter, go to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and drag the USBinjectAll.kext to the terminal so the path will be written. Click terminal and hit enter. Enter password and the kext will be removed.

I read from rehabman that this is how to remove or install kexts properly.

Then in config.plist i added boot argument -shikihva=1 to have video accelration turn on (faster video encoding, see post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hics-in-imac-17-1.216447/page-25#post-1593788 if interested)

I havent installed dual monitor yet as my priority is to get HDMI audio first. I will try the oatches that u have suggested. Maybe that will help? Coz in my previous config.plist with sierra having hdmi audio, those patches are present.

UPDATE: adding the above patches enabled my HDMI Audio! thank you.

I has an issue with BCM94352Z.

all working expect turn on/turn off.

when I turn off bluetooth, it always shows "on" and disconnect all devices, then cannot turn on again. need to restart pc to turn on it.

also some application using bluetooth to pair iPhone like Macid, Nearlock could not detect Iphone.

anyone please check your pc that it likes me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back