Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone,
i just experiencing a weird situation, my build will boot up and then suddenly shut down
did verbose and it show this
IMG_3145.JPG

anyone could help me? *just did a fresh install and swap my ssd

I am using the latest Vibrant Clover Configurator and running Sierra. Trying to get wifi and bluetooth running. I followed your kext patches. I apply the first patch through Clover itself and then save the config.plist file. I then open the config.plist file in a text editor and paste in the 4 other patches. When I reboot, I do not get Wifi or Bluetooth. When I mount my config.plist and open in Clover, everything is blank. If I then remove the four manual patches, clover loads the config.plist fine. Has anyone experienced this? I tried converting the find/replace entries in the patch from Base64 to Hex using clover but it says they are not valid Base64 numbers. Any insight/help is greatly appreciated.
Larry

For those upgrade from El Captain the problem of growing numbers of boot entries may arise again. In my case, I got over 40 entries after 1 week of upgrading to Sierra!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/
Basically, I use: (Clover Shell command in bold)
  1. bcfg boot dump to view the list (Use keyboard page-up and page-down to scroll)
  2. bcfg boot rm XX to remove bad entries ('Option: XX' where XX is a number count from 00). Careful! Go back to step 1 frequently to check the XX number of remaining entries as they keep recounting for each removal.
  3. bcfg boot mv XX YY to reassign the entry with 'CLOVERX64.EFI' to the highest number (where XX is existing number and YY is the highest number). Careful! Don't mix up with previous command rm=remove while mv=move.
  4. bcfg boot dump again to check the result.
  5. exit and boot into Mac OS, mount EFI and rename the folder BOOT to BOOT.bak

For those upgrade from El Captain the problem of growing numbers of boot entries may arise again. In my case, I got over 40 entries after 1 week of upgrading to Sierra!
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/
Basically, I use: (Clover Shell command in bold)
  1. bcfg boot dump to view the list (Use keyboard page-up and page-down to scroll)
  2. bcfg boot rm XX to remove bad entries ('Option: XX' where XX is a number count from 00). Careful! Go back to step 1 frequently to check the XX number of remaining entries as they keep recounting for each removal.
  3. bcfg boot mv XX YY to reassign the entry with 'CLOVERX64.EFI' to the highest number (where XX is existing number and YY is the highest number). Careful! Don't mix up with previous command rm=remove while mv=move.
  4. bcfg boot dump again to check the result.
  5. exit and boot into Mac OS, mount EFI and rename the folder BOOT to BOOT.bak

Or simply update your bios to latest one, it solve mine

Btw, i'm having a problem here, just installed "dirt showdown" from app store, and when i load it, it doesn't show anything (black screen, not blank/no signal), sound is working, and i can't switch to another app, any suggestion?

Thanks, I figured it out.

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

I also updated my config.plist with the updates, but where did you add the above text? That's where I'm getting lost, I'm assuming it is not in the config.plist file. I checked the kexts folder on the EFI partition and all folders seem empty.

Thanks, I figured it out.

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

I also updated my config.plist with the updates, but where did you add the above text? That's where I'm getting lost, I'm assuming it is not in the config.plist file. I checked the kexts folder on the EFI partition and all folders seem empty.

Hi All,

I'll ask here since this a specialized thread for this config. After update to 10.12.4, I started having random graphics freezes. Using HD 530 only, with no discrete card. I described the issue in more detail here, but in short, the screen randomly freezes displaying a solid colour (usually black or white, but sometimes roughly matching active window content colour), after which I need to hard reboot. If anyone is successfully running a HD 530 only config on 10.12.4, I'd appreciate any help/pointers.

Thanks

I can also report a successful install of 10.12.4 with full working WIFI, BT, Sound & 4K 60 hz on Displayport with my GTX 1050 Ti.

Thanks to everyone here.

My config:
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SATA SSD
  • ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB with full working Displayport 60hz 4K connected
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)

Monitor Wake Problem

I upgraded from 10.12.2 to 10.12.4 without issue, so I thought. I used to be able to awake my dual monitors with a tap to the keyboard. I have the engery settings and pmset configured to never allow the computer to sleep or hibernate.

Since upgrading, I can no longer awake my monitors with a tap to the keyboard.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sorry guys, only a question about smbios and Appstore login error...if i set 14.2 i can't login to Appstore but the graphic card works fine, but if i set 17.1 the Appstore works fine and let me login but the graphic card doesn't work...i can i fix this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back