Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Does anyone have link to Clover_v2.3k_r3726 ? Or another way to set dual monitors work

Will you be doing a guide on how to install nvidia pascal cards once their respective drivers come out?

Looks like there's lots of confusion when it comes to the sleep/wake issue. This does not, and has never, been an issue with a dedicated GPU. This is ONLY an issue if you're using the motherboard's integrated HD 530 graphics. Hope this clears that up. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a fix for this and will update my original post if I find one.

Does you mean that the sleep / wake issue only shows up when there is a display plugged into one of the integrated display ports ? Is there any hope for this to be fixed ? I really don't need more that HD 530 graphics but really want sleep/wake. Txs

Install today BCM94360CS2 + adapter M2

bcm.jpg
bcm1.jpg

Work fine, without any kext, path, inject and etc.

bcm3.jpg

bcm4.jpg

This is my setup:
  • H170N WIFI (rev 1.0)
  • BIOS F3
  • Core i3-6100
  • Corsair 2x 4 GB DDR4-2133
  • GeForce GTX 750 Ti
  • Plextor 128GB SSD M2.2280
  • BCM94360CS2 + adapter M2
P.S. Sierra 10.12.3

Hello everyone. It is my first Hackintosh ever. Fighting from few days.

My system Sierra 10.12.4 on Gigabyte GA H170N Gaming5

Could manage:
- boot from NVIE Samsung 961 Polaris SSD disk just modifying config.plist
- Install Sound with (audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d)
- Ethernet E2200 works straight.

Completely have no idea how to install:
- Intel 530 (instead I can see Intel HD 7000 1536Mb)
- Build Broadcom WiFi and bluetooth (already tried many things with no success)
- Cant change SMBIOS to iMac 17,1 like in many tutorials - kernel panic. Probably because I am using I5 6500 instead I7.

I have notice few issues:
I can't install some kext to L/E - when watching Extension folder kexts not coming there. Ikext, Kext Wizard says "successfully installed".

How to check what chipset of Broadcom I exactly have?
Ok, took the board off from the socket. FCC ID says : Intel Mobile Communications Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Any chance to install it?
Installing Intel 530 from multibeast make no change. Inject Intel checked.

Any idea guys?

Matt

Last edited:
Does Clover need to be reinstalled after an update?

No. But you might need to update Clover prior to updating macOS. I'm running Clover r4035 and the update was successful. According to Stork, if you're running an older version of Clover, "you may have to update Clover to r3994 or newer to achieve proper kext injection for the iMac17,1 kexts."
Generally, no, Clover doesn't need to be update before/after a macOS update. However, 10.12.4 required the latest version of Clover before the update, which ManMan provided here.

Additionally, when an updated version of MultiBeast comes out, check the change log to see if Clover & kexts have updated; then use MultiBeast just selecting those items that have changed (it's easier using MultiBeast).

BTW, the only thing you lose ,when you update with the SourceForce Clover installer, is the tonymacx86 theme, but you can go into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/themes/ and copy the tonymacx86 them onto the Desktop.

No Audio with RealtekALC.kext
Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.
I upgraded from El Captain to Sierra, everything is ok except the audio. I even don't understand the guideline! Could anyone help me with this particular board using ALC1150?

The audio worked finally. Tried 3 days just install and restore...I'm not sure is there anything I did help but the last step I made was MultiBeast > Driver > choose 'ALC1150', 'Optional HD 3000...HDMI Audio' & '100 Series Audio' > Build > Install, and then restart.

I report a successful update from ElCap (from the guide by Ammulder) to Sierra (10.12.4). Only thing, the sound broke down after sleep even with the proprer drivers. Solution was to use the version of CodecCommander provided here (it's for a GAZ79MX, but still works on the H170N).
The BCM94352 card worked after the fix mentioned as update here. Only problem, but it was also the case on ElCap, when Wifi is on and used, audio on Bluetooth (headphones or speaker) is stuttering. I guess the blame is on the 2.4GHz band used by both devices... if anyone knows of a fix I'll be up to try and report!

Other than that works like a charm!

PS : Non QWERTY users, like me (AZERTY) remember Karabiner is not 100% functional on Sierra, therefore, your ".'" on the numpad will be "," until Karabiner is more developed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back