Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everything is working, why update to the new bios at all? I won't be.

I had serious problems with the F3 and F4 bios. There were always a whole lot of boot entries for the same ssd, which after some time made impossible for me to reach the BIOS. I had to reset the BIOS every 4-5 days, and delete the boot entrys from ubuntu with efibootmgr.

F20 is working fine for me now.

The thousand-and-one boot options are gone now with the new bio which is good. The only thing I don't like is that the F20 bios is ugly like hell.

Fantastic! Glad to hear it. I had the same experience--no more ghost boot options to remove by hand. That was driving me nuts, and F20 has been working great for me for about three weeks now.

Anyone able to get wake from sleep working on this MB? Mine wakes but the monitor is blank(no signal). Using system defition iMac 14.2
So, tbh, idk what sleep issues everyone was having because I set mine to never sleep...
However, I did apply a "sleep fix" in config.plst, attached is a screen shot of the highlighted edit.
The only sleep test I did was telling the computer to sleep, which it did, and then came right back to life after pressing a key on the keyboard.
Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 12.33.50 PM.png

Hi there! Updated everything, just as a note to anyone using an Nvidia GPU you will probably need to do this as well as nvda_drv=1 doesnt work anymore: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/ (problem 6).

Also I have followed your wifi guide, my bluetooth is working but still no wifi hardware being detected! Any advice?

Assuming you have the BCM94352Z card, you may want to give this a try, it worked for me:

Copy and paste the code below into your config.plist under "KextsToPatch," save, reboot, and if all is well WiFi should be up and running, along with Airdrop and other WiFi only services. I've also attached a screenshot of the code in my config.plist.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
<dict>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 9.37.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 9.37.29 AM.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 247
Hi there! Updated everything, just as a note to anyone using an Nvidia GPU you will probably need to do this as well as nvda_drv=1 doesnt work anymore: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/ (problem 6).

Also I have followed your wifi guide, my bluetooth is working but still no wifi hardware being detected! Any advice?

Try to install the needed kexts again after upgrade to sierra. And don't forget to apply the patch mentioned by naegerter.
This helped me

hi I followed your post on installing El Capitan with my GA-H170-D3HP board with HD530. Now I follow the Direct Update Guide and not suscessful. It just hangs when starting update( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-using-clover.201465/page-93#post-1396044 post #921) I then usinsing the conflig.plist for HD530 at "El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI" . The starting goes further and hang. Could you help? Thanks

This thread is a deviation from ammulder's guide - El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI - focussing only on installing Sierra on this build.

Updating to MacOS 10.12 went smoothly by following tonymacx86's Direct Update Guide. After the update most things worked properly, including audio (with AppleALC.kext), iMessage, and Bluetooth. WiFi didn't work but was fixed using the steps below. Using the integrated HD530 graphics, there are some issues that are listed below... still no fix that I can find.

I'll update this thread with any new fixes I come across. This is a popular (and fantastic!) build, so let's get this thread going with problems we encounter when updating to or once running Sierra and any fixes we can find.
51p4jRz4xQL._SX425_.jpg

My Configuration
  • BIOS F4c
  • Core i5-6500
  • 2x 8 GB DDR4-2400
  • Integrated HD530 graphics
  • Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
  • Dell DW1560 (BCM94352Z chip) m.2 WiFi/Bluetooth card (replacing the Intel wireless card it shipped with)
_
KNOWN ISSUES WITH FIXES

- No WiFi or Bluetooth connection - Broadcom WiFi BCM94352 requires an additional patch

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690
Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>
- No Audio with RealtekALC.kext

Follow toleda's Sierra Desktop/Realtek Apple HDA Audio patch instructions HERE.
- Dual Monitors Not Working w/ HD530 Graphics

Downgrade Clover Bootloader to Clover_v2.3k_r3726.​

_
KNOWN ISSUES WITHOUT FIXES

- Graphical artifacts on the menu bar and sleep problems with HD530 integrated graphics
use to

So, tbh, idk what sleep issues everyone was having because I set mine to never sleep...
However, I did apply a "sleep fix" in config.plst, attached is a screen shot of the highlighted edit.
The only sleep test I did was telling the computer to sleep, which it did, and then came right back to life after pressing a key on the keyboard.
View attachment 225937
!!! Work for me !!!
Thank's !

Anyone have a patched DSDT for this board? Is it needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back