Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via HDMI? And what motherboard are you using?
I Use A Gigabyte H170N Wifi Board / Intel Core i5 6500 Skylake. Just the integrated HD 530, and HDMI for output.

I Use A Gigabyte H170N Wifi Board / Intel Core i5 6500 Skylake. Just the integrated HD 530, and HDMI for output.
Wow, ok. Interesting as I thought that you needed the pixel clock patch to get over 1080p via HDMI. Obviously you got it working. Are there artifacts with the HD 530?

Wow, ok. Interesting as I thought that you needed the pixel clock patch to get over 1080p via HDMI. Obviously you got it working. Are there artifacts with the HD 530?
Yes, you really have annoying graphic glitches in Sierra, but El Capitan Works perfect. You even can use the AGDPfix to get both displays working. In my case I#ve got an identical machine running 10.11.6 with 2 Samsung S32D850 QHD Screens (1440 x 2560 @ 60 Hz) Without any problems. Everything is smooth and I don't have any Graphical artefacts with El Capitan.

Yes, you really have annoying graphic glitches in Sierra, but El Capitan Works perfect. You even can use the AGDPfix to get both displays working. In my case I#ve got an identical machine running 10.11.6 with 2 Samsung S32D850 QHD Screens (1440 x 2560 @ 60 Hz) Without any problems. Everything is smooth and I don't have any Graphical artefacts with El Capitan.
Yeah, I have El Capitan now and everything is literally perfect with HD 530 and 1440p monitor via HDMI. I'm going to hold off on Sierra until things (hopefully) improve.

Yeah, I have El Capitan now and everything is literally perfect with HD 530 and 1440p monitor via HDMI. I'm going to hold off on Sierra until things (hopefully) improve.
They're likely to improve. We have to wait what Apple will present in the next keynote. Maybe some refreshed Macs with Skylake CPU's. Then they have to improve Support for the HD 530. Our only Option is to wait and update if things gotten better, or get a dedicated Graphics Card to eliminate the problems we've got with the HD 530. Who knows maybe sleep/wake will be fixed in the next update. In my case theres only one option, option number 1. My case has simply too less space to fit even the smallest GPU.

They're likely to improve. We have to wait what Apple will present in the next keynote. Maybe some refreshed Macs with Skylake CPU's. Then they have to improve Support for the HD 530. Our only Option is to wait and update if things gotten better, or get a dedicated Graphics Gard to eliminate the problems we've got with the HD 530. In my case theres only one option, option number 1. My case has simply too less space to fit even the smallest GPU.
I'm in the same boat. No room for graphics card. Just have to wait! Good thing that I have no problems staying with El Capitan for a while.

I'm in the same boat. No room for graphics card. Just have to wait! Good thing that I have no problems staying with El Capitan for a while.
IMO Sierra isn't that Good, I have a MacBook Pro which is constantly crashing because of it. El Capitan is a very good and reliable System, so why update, I mean I can wait at least a little bit longer. I want my System to be stable and not crashy, if I use it on a daily base.

Hi Everyone,

I got Sierra installed and running(on this board with a 960 graphics card) with the exception of:

No bluetooth
Wake from sleep (freeze) unit is on but no display

From what I gather there are no fixes for the above two issues?

TIA

Hi. I am so trying to get my WiFi working. I have the Broadcom BCM94352Z, and the IO80211Family.kext and I08211FamilyV2.kext are located in my /S/L/E folder. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get into them to apply the patch to AirPortBrcm4360 as detailed in Post #1. Is there some guide I can follow to try to get this done? Thanks.

Followed your instructions for fixing wifi issues. I am now in a reboot loop. Help!!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back