Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you install the clover patch to make the wifi work from page one of this thread?

I thought I saw a post about getting sound to work from the front connector - is there a patch for this? Thanks

Also, monitor won't wake after system sleep and wake

Hi guys,

I just finished the install. Thanks to all the great advice, I got audio figured out quickly.
My only remaining problem is that my Display panel, won't show 2550x1440 for my UH2515 which is connected via HDMI.
Im running the HD530. Does anyone have a fix for that?

Thanks in advance,

Nik

Hi guys,

I just finished the install. Thanks to all the great advice, I got audio figured out quickly.
My only remaining problem is that my Display panel, won't show 2550x1440 for my UH2515 which is connected via HDMI.

Thanks in advance,

Nik

Hey, congrats! How about your wifi/BT Setup? I mean iMessages/Wifi card?/Handoff/Continuity? Do you use the m.2 expansion slot for network cards?

What's your storage solution? Do you use the m.2 expansion slot? AHCI or NVMe? Or a regular SATA SSD? do you use a complementary HDD? If so, did you setup a custom Fusion Drive?

Can somebody please explain how to get dual Monitors working. My Configuration is Gigabyte-H170-Wifi Intel i5 6500; Intel HD530. I can't install a GPU bc my case is too small. I am frustrated every time I plug in both of my Monitors one will get black. The fix mentioned above didn't work for me. Could it be that the resolution is too high. 2x Samsung S32D850 (2560X1440 X60Hz). It didn't Even work with El Capitan.

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance,

Nik
I have the same monitor and also running HD530. I'm still on El Cap, is this a brand new build (straight to Sierra) or did you have El Cap on it before? I used the Pixel Clock patch to get 1440p working but I am hearing it doesn't work on Sierra. Would love to know that is the case for sure...

If you can, get an Nvidia card. solves a lot of problems.

I have the same monitor and also running HD530. I'm still on El Cap, is this a brand new build (straight to Sierra) or did you have El Cap on it before? I used the Pixel Clock patch to get 1440p working but I am hearing it doesn't work on Sierra. Would love to know that is the case for sure...
I've sloved the problem by setting the system identifier to 17,1 iMac. I used Clover configurator to do so. Native resolution of 2560x1440 @60HZ works perfect without the pixel clock Patch

I've sloved the problem by setting the system identifier to 17,1 iMac. I used Clover configurator to do so. Native resolution of 2560x1440 @60HZ works perfect without the pixel clock Patch
Via HDMI? And what motherboard are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back