Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install today BCM94360CS2 + adapter M2

View attachment 247656
View attachment 247657

Work fine, without any kext, path, inject and etc.

View attachment 247658

View attachment 247659

This is my setup:
  • H170N WIFI (rev 1.0)
  • BIOS F3
  • Core i3-6100
  • Corsair 2x 4 GB DDR4-2133
  • GeForce GTX 750 Ti
  • Plextor 128GB SSD M2.2280
  • BCM94360CS2 + adapter M2
P.S. Sierra 10.12.3

Did you have any issuses psychically installing the adapter and the card itself?
I mean the adapter and the card are somewhat bigger then the original intel card. Was this not a problem?

Did you have any issuses psychically installing the adapter and the card itself?
I mean the adapter and the card are somewhat bigger then the original intel card. Was this not a problem?

i'm using bcm94360cs2+adapter too.
Yes it's quiet bigger than the half minipcie the board have, but i installed it with no problem or whatsoever, i'm using noctua NH-C14 and yes it also have enough clearance with the card itself.

is there anyone get notification update to high sierra on app store? i'm still using 10.12.6, just curious what will happen if i continue the update, hehehe

My hackintosh was being updated to 10.13.1 using unibeast 8.1 and it works ! I had to reinstall the ALC1150 audio driver with multicast 8.0.1.

2 more things to do because Airdrop and Handoff are not

Hey diep90.nguyen, was this a fresh install or an upgrade? Curious on USB/Clover settings if you did a fresh install...

fresh instal

same question with grantmaier687, curious about your usb/clover settings and your bios setting :D...
did try to install using unibeast 8.1 but got stuck on ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3
did try research, and it was said that my integrated graphics was causing the error...
need help here...

- Display can't be driven at native resolution (> 1080p)
Apply the Pixel Clock Patch, which removes artificial software limitations. Installing SwitchResX was not necessary for me. I only needed to disable SIP and run the CoreDisplay-patcher.command script.
I couldn't get resolutions fixed on 10.13.2 with CoreDisplay-patcher.command (which seems to be outdated), but I could with CoreDisplayFixup.kext (which took awhile to discover), and I couldn't find any mention of that on topic. Maybe header should be updated.

But now, when I get 4K resolutions working, I can't get rid of flickering. Video shows which kind of flickering I am talking about.
It even affects Screen Sharing (not that intensive though)
I managed to solve it for DVI cable (using it on LG 27UD58-B with DVI->HDMI adapter) by setting allocated memory for video in bios to 256Mb (still had flickering on 128Mb)
But DVI only provides 30Hz, and when using HDMI (both 30Hz or 60Hz cable), even with 1024Mb flickering doesn't go away.
Anyone had that and got it solved?

Actually I was wrong, DVI has nothing to do with it.
I've just noticed that although specifications of LG 27UD58-B claim that both HDMI ports are 2.0, only HDMI port #1 provides 60Hz, and when using slow #2 30Hz only port, I am not just getting rid of flickering, but also my monitor wakes from display sleep without any problem.

When using 60Hz HDMI port to get signal back after display sleep I have to change resolution remotely.

For those who have same problem and changing resolution didn't help them, ensure you are not cycling though HiDPI modes (which use same physical resolution). For instance, to get 1080p60 HiDPI working after display sleep, I have to first switch to 1080p60 (non HiDPI) then to 1080p30 HiDPI and only after that I can go to 1080p60 HiDPI without monitor loosing signal again.

Last edited:
I've managed to get rid of flickering by changing smbios from iMac18,3 to iMac17,1

But then after trying getting 2160p@60Hz at windows and seeing 30Hz being maximum, I realised GA-H170N-WIFI specs say both HDMI ports it has are HDMI 1.4, which means 2160p@60Hz can't physically pass through GA-H170N-WIFI HDMI (It could go through with YUV hack, but it doesn't look like intel have it implemented for their video cards).

And then after having a closer look, I've also realised, that even when system and monitor report that I am running at 60Hz, I am not really getting 60Fps - animation looks exactly the same horrible as on 30Hz.

And next gigabyte ITX motherboard offering 2160p@60Hz is GA-Z370N-WIFI, so until I got that, I moved to Asus Z170i Pro Gaming motherboard, which has DisplayPort and it finally gave me 60FPS and monitor coming back after display sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back