Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I had to enable USB Ownership in Clover Options. This allowed me to continue with installation.

Were you able to finish the installation with this?

Is there a chance I can recover my el cap instantiation or is that lost? I haven't tried a fresh install since I got stuck.

Is there a chance I can recover my el cap instantiation or is that lost? I haven't tried a fresh install since I got stuck.

Yes. I'm actually at the point of trying to enable my WIFI/Bluetooth (It's the Dell M2 Chip). I gave up on trying to recover the old installation. Almost all my personal files are on a separate drive, so I'll recover those once i plug that HD back.

i actually had mine not work because I messed up my config.plist. I was able to build a new clover usb installer with sierra and install over the existing install. Luckily nothing got lost and I was able to restore my old config.plist file and add in the kexts in the efi partition. Works really well now

Update - Enabling USB ownership in clover options helped me to continue. Now I have sierra installed but can't get wifi working.

A quick question which is probably obvious to a lot of you but I can't seem to figure out. I dont understand how to do step #1 in the steps to enable wifi?

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81f952aa 00007529
Replace: 81f952aa 00006690
The other three are changes to config.plist that I was able to do using clover configurator.

Anyone shares me the good EFI for this mainboard. Thx

Hi all !

Little mistake for me, I updated Sierra (10.12.16) (miss click) without update clover on my SSD. My hackintosh boot without panic but the loading never end. With a new usb with the last clover inside I can boot normally (without sound and graphic drivers). If I update the old clover on my SSD, is that enough to fix that ? And if yes, how can I do ? Thanks !

Update - Enabling USB ownership in clover options helped me to continue. Now I have sierra installed but can't get wifi working.

A quick question which is probably obvious to a lot of you but I can't seem to figure out. I dont understand how to do step #1 in the steps to enable wifi?

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81f952aa 00007529
Replace: 81f952aa 00006690
The other three are changes to config.plist that I was able to do using clover configurator.

when I was starting, I couldn't figure this out as well. once your EFI is mounted, right click the config.plist and open with clover. then the below should help you. :)

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 5.47.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 5.49.56 PM.png

all working fine on 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back