Contribute
Register

[Update] Sierra 12.1 - Skylake GA-H170N-WIFI / HD530

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up and installed El Capitan. No issues so far. No glitches and graphics acceleration is enabled.
Mackintosh works really perfectly with this OS version and HW.
I will wait until a good solution for HD530 with Sierra is available.
All recommendations for Sierra haven't worked out....

I am now on 10.12.1 (tried both upgrade from El Capitan and Clean Install to Sierra).
the steps used are scattered all over the place, I will try to update this again if I missed out on anything.

what works for both methods:
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Audio (I only managed to get the HDMI audio working during the clean install, not in the upgrade)
  • graphical artifacts on the menu bar fixed (both for upgrade and clean install, see details below)
  • iMessage, facetime

what remains to be verified if working:

A.) Upgrade - I followed all the instructions on this thread but I could not get wifi and bluetooth to work. so I just copied the attachments in the first post and pasted in the EFI drive, then edited the config.plist to have my own serial number, udid and stuff to get my iMessage to work.

a.1 - wifi worked but could not detect the 5ghz. so I followed instructions from this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

note: this applied to both 10.12.1 and 10.12.2

B.) clean install - I just used the same install method in El Capitan installation, just make sure to download the latest kexts.

wifi - I decided to remain at 10.12.1 for the time being since it detected the 5ghz connection

just used the below steps

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

Through Clover config.plist, add the following within KextsToPatch:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

Audio HDMI - (this is provided you got sound to work already)
see link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/

1. cloverHDMI:
audio_cloverHDMI-120.command.zip
2. Installation
  1. Mount EFI
  2. SIP enabled, OK
  3. Intel: HDMI display only, disconnect DP display
  4. Double click: Downloads/audio_cloverHDMI-1....command
  5. Answer y/n questions
  6. Password
  7. Restart
if still no sound:

fixed by disabling HDAS to HDEF in ACPI config.plist

Graphical Artifacts fix - this is what tempted me to try Sierra.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-sierra-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.202847/page-20

for artifacts. No solution for the sleep.

Attachments

• clean install config.plist
    9.3 KB · Views: 198
  • upgrade config.plist
    14.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Hi,
many thanks for this comprehensive guide, but I followed exactly the same steps, but the machine didn't boot up (Graphic Card issue, see recent posts).... :(
I also tried 2 other configurations from this forum, but nothing worked so far.

Cheers
Hotte

How long boot time your system? I have boot 30 sec - very long, why? (Disk 250 GD SSD Samsung , 16 Gb Ram DDR4, CPU I6500)

How long boot time your system? I have boot 30 sec - very long, why? (Disk 250 GD SSD Samsung , 16 Gb Ram DDR4, CPU I6500)
I think it's not long time. My system boot up in 30 sec too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back