Contribute
Register

Update process to High Sierra from Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
Graphics
GTX 980 TI
I have a old hackintosh that that I recently dusted off and would like to update to High Sierra (currently on 10.12 Sierra).

I have no idea what the process is. Is is to Update Clover, download HS somewhere, and then just run as an update through the installer? Anything I need to do on the EFI?

Any tutorials available? I have Nvidia GPU (980 TI) so HS is the best I can do, correct?

Thanks,
Spinner

I have no idea what the process is. Is is to Update Clover, download HS somewhere, and then just run as an update through the installer? Anything I need to do on the EFI?
You could download HS by using gibMacOS and then run the installer. Of course, don't format the hard drive berfore installing or you lose all your data. Your current version of Clover may or may not be new enough. Don't know which version you have now. You'll also need to update the web drivers once HS is installed.

The guide is about downloading macOS to make a USB installer but you won't need to do that in your situation.
You could to that to test out HS first if you'd like to do that. You can use Unibeast for HS to make the USB installer. Then that Clover version would certainly be new enough for HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back