Contribute
Register

Update OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD4000 still has support in Big Sur so 11.5 is an option without the need for any patching. That is the simplest, lowest cost way to go right now.
True, but it seems that there's a few improvements, security wise, that make Monterey worth it:
Plus one year more of security updates.

EDIT: well... I'm not sure Passkeys will apply to hackintoshes...

Last edited:
Aren't most people using Hacks for Audio Production avoiding Monterey right now ?
Oh, you may be right. :thumbup:
I'm using 10.9 myself for Audio Production, so I'm clearly not a good example of "state of the art" studio owner... :mrgreen:

RX 6600 are not that expensive now, but @AndreStudio would essentially need a whole new system to run Monterey—at which point an AppleSilicon Mac should be considered.
Rather the question may be: To which OS could he upgrade on his current hardware?
GT640 (which may no longer be used) works up to Big Sur.

Good evening my friends and masters of Tonymac. I found a card that was stored, a GEFORCE GT 740, 2GB, 128bits, GDDR5, 5,000Mhz. Can I temporarily install Big Sur, until I update soon by another one more indicated by you?

Yes, the Nvidia GT 740 card will work in Big Sur, as long as it is the GK107 variant.

You can use it till you update to an AMD GPU, which will be required for running Monterey or Ventura.

Good morning my friends from the TonyMac family. I'm having trouble to do a fresh install of Big Sur.
Could someone tell me where I can get this step by step?
And what configuration do I need to do to install the video card, GeForce GT 740.
I'm currently using the motherboard output.
I'm currently on step 15 of the Big Sur installation and I don't know where to look for the VirtualSMC.kext file to finalize the Boot USB.

Last edited:
Read and follow the Dortania OpenCore guide, follow the Ivy Bridge section when creating your config.plist.

I would recommend you install macOS Catalina first, so you can configure the USB ports in your system and sort out any other issues before you update to Big Sur.

Read and follow the Dortania OpenCore guide, follow the Ivy Bridge section when creating your config.plist.

I would recommend you install macOS Catalina first, so you can configure the USB ports in your system and sort out any other issues before you update to Big Sur.
Thanks. I try

Thanks. I try
Sorry, I've been trying for days and I'm not getting it. Each time I'm winding myself up more. I nned to erase and start again? where I get step by step for fresh install Catalina? Remember, I still use El Capitan yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back