Contribute
Register

Update on Gigabyte P55 User Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a Yosemite thread, but the following settings for MultiBeast 8.0 will work for Yosemite or El Capitan Legacy Clover install.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 + 9400 GT - (now DSDT-free)

View attachment 163243

So you no longer use a DSDT at all for this board, is this because clover is now able fix all of this on the fly and would you recommend this approach for a P55-ud5 (is very similar apart from the audio chip) and what system definition is now recommended (i had been using a Mac Pro 3.1)?
What were you fixing using your DSDT before?
Apologies if it is a silly question but my hack had been happily running Mountain Lion for the last few years so kinda been trying to catch up on all the developments.

Need Help! I've been searching for answer for almost 2 hrs and can't seem to get it.
I was able to Boot to installation Using UniBeast with Legacy Boot.
Problem is Mouse and Keyboard not working so I can't even start the installation.
Any Ideas?

UPDATE:
Finally made it work. Setting's on Clover = USBFix

Okay to answer my own question, I ended up mounting the EFI partition on the USB sick and using clover configurator (clicked on the USB fix option) and I was then able to use the keyboard and mouse in the installer.

Hey f00b4r, looks like we have the same board/problem. Using UniBeast with Legacy Boot I can boot up into the Clover Boot Loader Screen and use my mouse/keyboard, but once I boot into the UniBeast USB stick, I con no longer use my mouse/keyboard.

When do you use Clover Configurator? Before you create your UniBeast USB stick? Or afterwards? How did you mount the EFI partition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done a lot of searching for a solution but I'm stuck on how/when to properly deploy the USB fix option.

Thank you,

Bruno

Hello, after almost five years I decided to upgrade my successful and full operational 10.6.8 hackintosh to 10.11.

I have some questions and I hope you can help me answering them before I start.

Here is my build as I posted 5 years ago

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/9449-my-working-build-ga-p55a-ud3p-rev-1-0-f14.html

First question,Would my build support El Capitan?
Second question, I decided to go fora fresh install, since my 10.6.8 works great, its nice to know, I can go back to it if the fresh install needs working. My doubt is, will I be able to go back seamlessly to my old HDD with SL if the fresh El Cap goes bad?

Third question, If everything goes well, can I connect the old HDD so I can copy my data?

Fourth question, Could I have the choice of dual booting them?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back