Contribute
Register

Update on Gigabyte P55 User Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoW! Good to be back. I've been away for a while...
Yes... I'm still using P55M-UD2 build. Everyday!!!
Thou I'm still running Lion 10.7.5

I'll try to update today and see how things go. :D
Cross-fingers... 10.10

WoW! Good to be back. I've been away for a while...
Yes... I'm still using P55M-UD2 build. Everyday!!!
Thou I'm still running Lion 10.7.5

I'll try to update today and see how things go. :D
Cross-fingers... 10.10

10.11 Clover works just fine on this machine too- use standard UniBeast installation with Legacy Boot Mode. :thumbup:

10.11 Clover works just fine on this machine too- use standard UniBeast installation with Legacy Boot Mode. :thumbup:

Need Help! I've been searching for answer for almost 2 hrs and can't seem to get it.
I was able to Boot to installation Using UniBeast with Legacy Boot.
Problem is Mouse and Keyboard not working so I can't even start the installation.
Any Ideas?

UPDATE:
Finally made it work. Setting's on Clover = USBFix

Need Help! I've been searching for answer for almost 2 hrs and can't seem to get it.
Problem is Mouse and Keyboard not working so I can't even start the installation.
Any Ideas?

Hmm not sure- I always use a Apple USB keyboard with its own USB hub. You can try using a USB hub, or use some of the alternate USB options in Clover boot menu InjectUSB and FixOwnership. I haven't tested so I can't say for sure it will work.

OK. I've finally installed and boot to Yosemite 10.10.0
My issues now are the Audio and BIOS keeps reseting to default every time I restart from Yosemite.

UPDATE: (Solved by Using Multibeast 7.0.2)
BIOS Resetting = AppleRTC Patch
Audio = ALC887/888b Legacy v100202

I know this is a Yosemite thread, but the following settings for MultiBeast 8.0 will work for Yosemite or El Capitan Legacy Clover install.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 + 9400 GT - (now DSDT-free)

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 9.48.54 AM.png

Attachments

• GA-P55M-UD2.mb
    3.4 KB · Views: 129
Great post! ive been using my oldie but goodie since 2010:

Gigabyte P55M-UD4, i7. 32GB ram, 1GB Radeon 5700 HD, 1gb geforce GT440 (running 3 monitors) SSD OSX boot drive with 10.10.5, 2tb storage, 1TB windows 10 64-bit

only real issue i had was the PSU burned out about 2 years ago. i just recently updated to yosemite 10.10.5 and the only thing i noticed is that my samsung 840 EVO 500GB doesn't have trim on. i read a few places and i thought i enabled it but its showing no (see attached) is this something that is necessary? rig runs fine, not sure if TRIM would make a difference or not. otherwise, great mobo!

Attachments

• no trim.tiff
    231.3 KB · Views: 142
You can set TRIM (good thing to do) with the Terminal command:
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

Any Ideas?

UPDATE:
Finally made it work. Setting's on Clover = USBFix

Could you tell me exactly what you put into clover for this as it doesn't seem to work on my P55-UD5 board (been a long while since I messed around with my hack though)?

Could you tell me exactly what you put into clover for this as it doesn't seem to work on my P55-UD5 board (been a long while since I messed around with my hack though)?

Okay to answer my own question, I ended up mounting the EFI partition on the USB sick and using clover configurator (clicked on the USB fix option) and I was then able to use the keyboard and mouse in the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back