Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
tmxcaseud2.png
Update on Gigabyte P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 9400 GT.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/60-tonymacx86-build-ga-p55m-ud2-core-i5-750-9400-gt.html

This was my original Core i build from late 2009 using budget parts. This thing is in great shape- even the NVIDIA 9400 GT is working fine. It just keeps on ticking. Booting to the installer with UniBeast with NVIDIA 9400 GT on an Award BIOS system needs the extra boot flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1.

IMG_1428.jpg

Using DSDT from the DSDT Database and the following settings for OS X Yosemite for audio, network, and customization.

MultiBeast Settings:
Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 11.50.52 AM.png

Other iterations of Gigabyte P55 builds by tonymacx86 mods:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/2979-macman-build-ga-p55-ud5-core-i5-750-9800-gt.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-p55m-ud4-core-i7-875k-ga-5770-batmobile.html

Related:
Update on Ivy Bridge CustoMac Mini 2012
Update on Sandy Bridge CustoMac Mini 2011
Update on CustoMac Pro 2010

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.27.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 6.27.15 PM.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 468
oh wow tony glad to see it still running OS X :thumbup: do you still use this machine for anything? or is it just used for testing newer version of OS X?

oh wow tony glad to see it still running OS X :thumbup: do you still use this machine for anything? or is it just used for testing newer version of OS X?

Mainly it's retired at this point, but I'd still be satisfied if it were my only computer. Almost 6 years and still running the latest OS X.

oh wow thats cool bro :thumbup::headbang:

Hi Tony,

Do you have issues with sleep/wake on this built?

just wondering...

These machines works so great, even after that much time! (y)
My Z68MA build runs the latest, don't feel the need to upgrade to a newer build since it is perfectly working and stable :D

I'm running an i5-750 with a p55-us3l as my main computer
It has 16 gb of ram and I changed my graphics card to a gtx680 (asus) and I'm about to install ssd on it as soon as I'll have some time...

I mostly do 2d and 3d art on it and to be honest I don't see a reason for a full upgrade just small upgrades once in while.

It's 7 years old if i'm not mistaking and it runs great! so yes these are still good machines and as long as it works with osx it can run forever :)

Thanks for the success story and MB configuration tips! I've been putting off upgrading to 10.10 for a while now but I think I might give it another shot. Put an SSD in one of these older machines and it still punches way above its weight class.

I've been lurking on this site for years since I built my P55M-UD4 Core i7 system (with some sleep troubleshooting help from lnx2mac that was finally traced to incompatible OCZ RAM). I didn't have much to post because I really haven't had any issues at all through the various OS X updates and my setup is still going strong as my primary machine. Over the 4th of July weekend, I finally decided to try to get my build working with Clover and, after reading toleda's ALC audio patch guide and patching my DSDT, I've got the Clover config files properly tweaked and running perfectly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back