Contribute
Register

Update on CustoMac Pro 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it out. I didn't have AudioID: 1 set.

Simple fix, thankfully. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 8.47.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 8.47.28 PM.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 307
Mine wouldn't work either way.
Then I tried Maverick's Multibeast and used it's ALC889 and all is good.

Are there no big issues with this board with Yosemite?
In my experience so far AWARD BIOS is worse than AMI BIOS for OS X.
Other than that, I was hoping to get a X5650 cheap, but the prices are only going up it seems.
Found out about this too late I guess...

Hi Tony.

Its a long time since I have updated my system but now its time. I have the excact same system.
Can I use UniBeast with Yosemite? Do I have to remove my ram so I don't have 12gb? Do I need to set some flags before installing?

Best regards
Soren

This build reminds me of the time when I started digging into Hackintosh. Cool build indeed!

Tony, may I ask why you decided to go with the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition? Isn't it closer to a Mac Pro 5,1 hardware wise?
Also: Have you been able to go El Capitan Clover style on this bad boy? Or should I should I say bat boy? :p

Guys i need some help here. Im trying to install Yosemite with my GA X 58 with a Gt 740 graphic card and after multibeast i received a panic message. Sugestion please isending a picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 174
X58 is the platform that keeps on giving. Im still running the good old GA-X58A-UD3R.

However, 5 years later I was able to snag a XEON X5650 6 CORE on eBay for $60 (That used to be a $1000 chip). That baby can be overlocked to 4Ghz+ and combined with a SSD (My base system is on a Samsung 840 Pro) this 5-year old system is faster than many OC Haswell 4-core (like 4790K), and gives my real iMac 2014 a run for its money.

...well, I did it! A brand new XEON x5650 upgraded successfully my x58 based system with a max clock of 3800mhz (I can't get more although it stays very cool under a ZALMAN CPS10X Performa: 66° max load)...but...very strangely OSX doesn't detect any onboard SATA peripheral (HDDs, optical drive) anymore. It just works when I connect them to my PCI-E SATA III expansion cards (I have two of them with two SATA III ports each). I thought it was a BIOS compatibility issue, because my MSI x58 pro-E doesn't support XEONs officially, but on the same machine in windows I don't have such issue. (I'm currently on OSX 10.11.5)

Any idea?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back