EVGA GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I am having some difficulty upgrading from 10.10 to 10.11 (El Capitan). Here are the specs for my build:

Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero
Intel i5 4790K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960
Crucial Ballistics 32GB
Samsung Evo Pro 256 SSD

My computer is currently running fine (10.10.5) with the boot flag -no-zp and I am mainly using this computer for developing iOS apps with xcode.

First off, there seems to be an issue with the app store as I cannot upgrade xcode, and I downloaded El Capitan via the app store and ran the installation, restarted my computer and About this Mac still says that I am running 10.10.5

I also manually downloaded both the 10.11.1 and 10.11.4 combo updates and when I try to run them I get the error that the update requires 10.11

Any tips? I really need to get xcode up to date...

Thanks so much!

I was able to successfully update to El Capitan via Clover, I ran MultiBeast after installation and got audio and network working, however I am still not able to get my Nvidia geforce gtx 960 GPU working.

I already had the nvidia web drivers installed, so after setup I updated those and then installed the cuda drivers you mentioned, and then used the clover configurator to set nvda_drv=1, however in RTVariables I was unable to find the "0x3" option...I restarted but nothing changed...

please help. thanks in advance

also the display goes black when the screensaver is on and it says that the display is connected as a projector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back