Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

So I think I'm stuck (or at least need to start over). I have had a fully functioning Mavericks computer ProBook 4540s for a while now. I did the update and it worked fine except wifi (which I will deal with later), HDMI, and audio (I rebuilt cache and got it working). Big problem is that the function keys do not work for adjusting sound or screen brightness. One of the times I rebooted the screen when all the way dim which used to also happen in mavericks but whenever I boot to a black screen I would just juse the function key to turn up the brightness (but they don't work now...). Any ideas on how to turn up my screen brightness without the function keys? I don't really want to wipe and start clean just because my screen brightness is down. I have tried plugging into an HDMI monitor but HDMI is either not working (it used to in Mavericks) or the brightness is effecting that as well.

So I think I'm stuck (or at least need to start over). I have had a fully functioning Mavericks computer ProBook 4540s for a while now. I did the update and it worked fine except wifi (which I will deal with later), HDMI, and audio (I rebuilt cache and got it working). Big problem is that the function keys do not work for adjusting sound or screen brightness. One of the times I rebooted the screen when all the way dim which used to also happen in mavericks but whenever I boot to a black screen I would just juse the function key to turn up the brightness (but they don't work now...). Any ideas on how to turn up my screen brightness without the function keys? I don't really want to wipe and start clean just because my screen brightness is down. I have tried plugging into an HDMI monitor but HDMI is either not working (it used to in Mavericks) or the brightness is effecting that as well.

You need a correctly patched DSDT. Follow the instructions in the guide for repatching DSDT.

how do I do this if I can't see anything on my screen? Is there a way to do this from clover boot screen? as soon as I get past the apple symbol and progress bar it goes black...so black I can't see anything at all.

how do I do this if I can't see anything on my screen? Is there a way to do this from clover boot screen? as soon as I get past the apple symbol and progress bar it goes black...so black I can't see anything at all.

Use your USB to boot.

I have the Probook 4540s and my audio dose not work when I use the hp probook installer, but when I use voodoohda it works but the microphone goes in and out. what do you suggest i do to fix this. I don't want to use the voodoohda kext.

my audio did work but I had to use Kext Wizard to rebuild caches and then it worked. I was able to boot using my usb and repatched the DSDT but still no luck. The problem seems to be that I can't get my keyboard functioning correctly. I'm trying a few things but I am not really good at patching config files (I have to rely on installers with GUIs...any help would be greatly appreciated).

Ok, got it working. I was able to boot off of usb, Enable screen sharing so I could control the computer from my other mac. Then I copied the install backup configuration file to my efi partition reboot and now I am good again. I still don't have wifi and I think I have the Broadcom 43224. Is there any other fix besides changing the id to macbookair 5,2? I tried the tool listed in guide but I only get messages like "this tool can fix this" but nothing actually happens...and still no WIFI?

Back