Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

When I press F4 at the clover screen, the system just freezes. I cannot boot into OSX. This happens with HDD & USB.

After a couple of days I figured out that now I have sleep/wake problem. As it was described before here, in a first few seconds it seems that laptop woke up normally, then the cursor freezes and os restarts. After it boots with message that there was some error.

I've tried to do EC reset, bios reset, rerun latest PBI CE, but nothing helped.

Here is the log with an error:
View attachment error.txt

For my wifi I can't set my smbios to MBA 5,2 because my probook 5330m has hd3000 graphics. Doing so will cause my system to not fully boot because its expecting hd4000 graphics. what are my options?

Just wanted to see how i would go about resetting to default for new admin user install for this 4430s as i'm going to pick up a 4530s, do i need to do a fresh install or is there some some reset option?

For my wifi I can't set my smbios to MBA 5,2 because my probook 5330m has hd3000 graphics. Doing so will cause my system to not fully boot because its expecting hd4000 graphics. what are my options?

Which WiFi is in your 5330M?

Which WiFi is in your 5330M?

The wifi card installed is the Broadcom 43224 or to be more specific its theBCM943224HMS. It worked fine in Mavericks but Yosemite is more smbios oriented when it comes to loading kexts.

The wifi card installed is the Broadcom 43224 or to be more specific its theBCM943224HMS. It worked fine in Mavericks but Yosemite is more smbios oriented when it comes to loading kexts.

Probably this specific kext has started checking more things (smbios) in its probe routine. There is nothing in the Info.plist that would indicate IOkit is doing any checks against smbios. A binary patch could probably be developed.

So, if anyone curious I've managed to solve the problem with sleep.

First of all I'd recommend to read man page for pmset, the part about hibernatemode. Here is the link: man pmset.
According to the man page, normally there can be used 3 keys: 0, 3, 25. There is a fix for those who has sleep issues in the installation guide:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
it makes hibernation act like on the desktop.

As for me, I had hibernatemode already switched to 0. It can be easily checked via:
Code:
pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
I've decided that it would be normal if I switch to 3, as it's usually made on portable devices. Yes, it will store RAM contents to your disk, and it can be bad for SSD. But if you're ok with that, or you don't put your laptop to sleep very often, the code is:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3

PS. I haven't tried this yet and I don' know how it will work for me, but there is also an option in pmset to delay writing RAM to the storage. Here is the link with an explanation: deep sleep in macos.
The corresponding code is:
Code:
sudo pmset -a standbydelay TIME_IN_SECONDS
, by default it's 4200=70 minutes (can be checked via
Code:
pmset -g | [COLOR=#000000]grep standbydelay[/COLOR]
but you can set a bigger one.

Hope it can help somebody :)

update from 10.9.5 to 10.10 Yosemite with NO problems.

Thanks to all

I think I've found PBI CE bug. I used Quiet Fan Option when patching my DSDT with PBI CE (as I always did) and the fan was behaving not as it used to. Checked DSDT and it turned out there was no FTAB thingy at all in there, repatched it with patch provided by RehabMan and now it's working ok.

Back