Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Anyone knows why audio still not working after using Probook clover installer and updating kexts?

Also my broadcom wifi card with bluetooth BCM94352HMB and wifi that supports 5ghz only works with 2.4ghz and has limited channels . Bluetooth works fine i think but wifi doesn't

2. Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config.
I am using HP ProBook 4530s. I just migrated to Clover. Everything seems to be working. :thumbup: Now I'd like to upgrade it to Yosemite from Mavericks. I don't understand the quoted point.

Does PBI CE mean ProBook Installer Clover Edition? If that's the case then I think I have already done the step 2 during the migration process, haven't I?

I made the USB using latest clover files, and "Install OS X Mavericks.app".

There is clearly something wrong with the audio kext because after 4 attempts to repair permissions and rebuild key cache still audio doesn't work . I boot with verbose and there are lines which appear for almost 1 second with bug in process , about 10-15 lines . Tried to again run Probook Installer Clover with f4 at clover screen and rerun everything , again audio doesn't work . Also the kext OR PATCH for BCM94352HMB need to be updated since it doesn't work properly , bluetooth used to work great in mavericks , i even got a white color on bluetooth/wifi led , now is orange . I think this was fixed in mavericks with IObluetooth updater , which now seems not be working correctly

UPDATE: IT WORKS ! My mistake . May i suggest if it is possible to find another way to use the DSDT Patch only because it is a bit confusing .My mistake was that i chose both the DSDT patch and the config . So there was conflict and audio wasn't working , now it works find after rerun of installer. I need to add the patch for my wifi card to see if 5ghz will work.

UPDATE 2: When i use the patch for BCM94352HMB led becomes orange and i still don't get 5ghz connectivity. So it seems the kext needs to be updated

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• 20141017_KP.jpg
    20141017_KP.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 242
I am using HP ProBook 4530s. I just migrated to Clover. Everything seems to be working. :thumbup: Now I'd like to upgrade it to Yosemite from Mavericks. I don't understand the quoted point.

Does PBI CE mean ProBook Installer Clover Edition? If that's the case then I think I have already done the step 2 during the migration process, haven't I?

I made the USB using latest clover files, and "Install OS X Mavericks.app".

Basically follow the guide for upgrading to yosemite now, restart press f4 at clover screen (seems you've just done that with latest version, to be sure, just press f4 at clover screen, re run PBI CE and tick all boxes relevant to you including DSDT) upgrade to yosemite, restart etc etc as per update guide

PBI CE is as you've stated (available in the clover guide)

everything works TY! After a few trail and errors.

Any advise for a WiFi + BT 4.0?

Everything but iMessage/Facetime works,tried 3.1,3.2 from insanelymac,but doesn´t work. Do i have to call Apple Support?

update 1
iMessage and FaceTime work again after reboot...step 3.1 worked from insanelymac

After following this guide, my existing Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.x installations do not show up in Clover's boot selector.
More Info:

Pre-Update System:
- HP Probook 4530s
- Chamelion/Chimera bootloader
- OSX 10.9
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 10.x

What I did:
- switched from Chimera to Clover (using this guide)
- updated to 10.10 (using this guide)

Everything is working fine and all glitches could be fixed. Thanks for the guide btw.

Remaining problem;
Windows and Ubuntu does not show up as boot option. I have read through the comments which recommend to adjust UEFI settings in BIOS, but my BIOS offers only one UEFI setting. Basically to use it or not.

Question:
Is the a way to make the missing OSs reappear without having to reinstall?

After following this guide, my existing Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.x installations do not show up in Clover's boot selector.
More Info:

Pre-Update System:
- HP Probook 4530s
- Chamelion/Chimera bootloader
- OSX 10.9
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 10.x

What I did:
- switched from Chimera to Clover (using this guide)
- updated to 10.10 (using this guide)

Everything is working fine and all glitches could be fixed. Thanks for the guide btw.

Remaining problem;
Windows and Ubuntu does not show up as boot option. I have read through the comments which recommend to adjust UEFI settings in BIOS, but my BIOS offers only one UEFI setting. Basically to use it or not.

Question:
Is the a way to make the missing OSs reappear without having to reinstall?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...nstall-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-9.html

Legacy OS.

Thanks for encouragement, could not imagine that I would be able to upgrade existing installation ;)

But I ended up with non-working Bluetooth. Not sure it is because of Yosemite, but still want BT back.

Strange thing is that BT is found, but I cannot switch it on. Has anyone seen that before?

Screenshot 2014-10-18 22.34.51.png
Screenshot 2014-10-18 22.45.27.png

Back