Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Do a fresh install to compare.
Looking to be the same thing.

Code:
Process:               Simulator [745]Path:                  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator
Identifier:            com.apple.iphonesimulator
Version:               9.0 (620)
Build Info:            Indigo-620000000000000~150
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Simulator [745]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2015-09-26 11:31:52.593 -0400
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F27)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        0C22CFDF-23CC-7D72-AADE-7641C652302B

Time Awake Since Boot: 7200 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/libignitor.dylib

Dyld Error Message:
  could not load inserted library '/usr/lib/libignitor.dylib' because no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /usr/lib/libignitor.dylib: mmap() error 1 at address=0x10AC0B000, size=0x00001000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /usr/lib/libignitor.dylib

Binary Images:
       0x10abc8000 -        0x10abf0fff  com.apple.iphonesimulator (9.0 - 620) <853F524A-8A56-38F2-9099-2A6A478D241D> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app/Contents/MacOS/Simulator
    0x7fff6f241000 -     0x7fff6f277887  dyld (353.2.3) <B1B370A5-479F-3533-8AD7-97B687D4F989> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: MacBookPro9,2, BootROM MBP91.00D3.B08, 2 processors, Intel Core i5, 2.49 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.2f44
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Built-In
Memory Module: BANK0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Elpida, EBJ40UG8EFU0-GN-F
Memory Module: BANK1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, Elpida, EBJ40UG8EFU0-GN-F
Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
Network Service: Ethernet Adaptor (en4), Ethernet, en4
Serial ATA Device: WDC WD7500BPKT-60PK4T0, 750.16 GB
Serial ATA Device: hp       DVDRAM GT80N
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: Vendor-Specific Device
USB Device: HP HD Webcam [Fixed]
USB Device: Hub
Thunderbolt Bus:

This is a fresh install from the App store just now.

Also, when I run the Simulator.app from the command line, I get this error in the console.

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Applications/Simulator.app with error -10810.

The same other popup error message comes up too, but I guess this is a little bit more info.

Looking to be the same thing.

This is a fresh install from the App store just now.

Fresh install of OS X to erased partition?

Fresh install of OS X to erased partition?
Oh I thought you meant a fresh install of Xcode cause I had previously just updated it.

I'll see if I can give that a go at some point this weekend.

Oh I thought you meant a fresh install of Xcode cause I had previously just updated it.

I'll see if I can give that a go at some point this weekend.

I think your problem lies outside of Xcode.

You could also do a "refresh install" where you install over top of what you have without erasing.

I think your problem lies outside of Xcode.

You could also do a "refresh install" where you install over top of what you have without erasing.

Yeah I just downloaded and installed the Xcode 7.1 beta and that did the same thing. Xcode opens fine, it's just the simulators that throw this error for me. Never happened on previous versions. Xcode is actually the only reason I upgraded because I needed to test out iOS9 and you need Xcode7 for that, and you need 10.10.4 for that.

I will see if I have time to install a clean version to another partition tomorrow, don't think I will tonight unfortunately.

Okay well I just installed a clean Yosemite installation on another partition and it installed fine and I grabbed Xcode, and the simulator opens no problem.

Does this point you in any direction on how I could fix my installation to get this to work, based on the information?

Since it seems to work from a clean install, I'm thinking that if there is nothing obvious to fix this, to possibly just install a clean Yosemite on my main partition, then just use a TimeMachine backup to set up the installation after it does the clean install.

I believe I have 2 time machine backups, 1 of my Mavericks installation right before the installation, then one right after I installed Yosemite and everything booted up (although, this was when I couldn't get the simulator to work).

Do you think that my best bet is to just do that, a clean Yosemite installation, then when loading up the clean installation, picking one of those time machine backups and see if it works that way?

Okay well I just installed a clean Yosemite installation on another partition and it installed fine and I grabbed Xcode, and the simulator opens no problem.

Does this point you in any direction on how I could fix my installation to get this to work, based on the information?

Since it seems to work from a clean install, I'm thinking that if there is nothing obvious to fix this, to possibly just install a clean Yosemite on my main partition, then just use a TimeMachine backup to set up the installation after it does the clean install.

I believe I have 2 time machine backups, 1 of my Mavericks installation right before the installation, then one right after I installed Yosemite and everything booted up (although, this was when I couldn't get the simulator to work).

Do you think that my best bet is to just do that, a clean Yosemite installation, then when loading up the clean installation, picking one of those time machine backups and see if it works that way?

I would stick with the clean install, and migrate data/settings manually.

I would stick with the clean install, and migrate data/settings manually.
Hmm okay. I just have quite a few Xcode projects all with git repositories set up locally, as well as some Unity3D stuff and settings/things I've accumulated in the past 3 or so years. The project/git and Unity3D stuff is the most important stuff to bring over so I'm just not sure how easy it is to migrate that stuff.

I might just try a clean install then do the time machine thing upon initial boot and see if that works, and if not, then do what you're saying. Either way I have to get onto 10.10.5 if I want to continue to dev since I need it for iOS 9.

Hmm okay. I just have quite a few Xcode projects all with git repositories set up locally, as well as some Unity3D stuff and settings/things I've accumulated in the past 3 or so years. The project/git and Unity3D stuff is the most important stuff to bring over so I'm just not sure how easy it is to migrate that stuff.

Git projects are copy/paste.

Git projects are copy/paste.
Hmm okay that's good to know, I thought so but wasn't sure, I figured it was all in the hidden .git directory sounds like all the info is in there.

Is there an easy to copy over all of my settings and stuff as well?

Back