Contribute
Register

Update HP Laptops to Yosemite with Clover UEFI

Ckjf5T5.png

The guide is ONLY for current HP laptop users with WORKING Mavericks using my Clover Mavericks guide.

Procedure to update to Yosemite

1. Press F4 at Clover screen.

2. Run latest PBI CE and update Clover, kexts, DSDT, config.

3. Restart to check if you're still alive :lol:

4. Go to AppStore, download and install Yosemite, the installer will tell you to restart.

5. When it restarts, select the new boot option in Clover screen to install.

6. When everything is done, check your bluetooth/audio. If it does not work, rerun PBI CE to update kexts and use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache a few times to make it really stable.

8. For anyone with HD4400/HD4600, you have to generate config/patch dsdt, and select option to enable OpenGL/OpenCL in PBI CE.

97. Enjoy!
Troubleshoot

- For users with Broadcom 43224 wifi card, you have to set SMBIOS to MacBook Air 5,2 to get Wifi working.

Do i need to backup my files ?

Do i need to backup my files ?

A backup is always a good idea. HDD/SSD devices can fail at any moment without warning. But more often than not, the cause of data loss is human error.

A backup is always a good idea. HDD/SSD devices can fail at any moment without warning. But more often than not, the cause of data loss is human error.

so if i do it right .. my files and apps (in macintoshHD) will be the same ?

so if i do it right .. my files and apps (in macintoshHD) will be the same ?

Yes, but always have a backup and know how to use it.

I'm weighing the pros and cons of installing yosemite.
Have an HP 4530s triple booting Mavericks, Windows 7, and
Snow Leopard with Chimera bootloader. It's running so well I hate to mess with it,
but wondering if it's possible to erase only the snow leopard
partition and install Yosemite there? Thanks for any heads up.

Snow Leopard with Chimera bootloader. It's running so well I hate to mess with it,

No, this update method only applies for system with Clover only.

Transition to Clover prior to updating to Yosemite.

Ok will read up on switching to Clover first.
Thanks

Hi ,
Thanks for this cool guide. I have successfully upgraded from mavericks to yosemite on my probook 4430.
But in yosemite, my ZTE usb modem has stopped working. Its an issue with yosemite (in real mac also), and now i am forced to buy a usb wify adapter for internet access.
So my question is, can I buy any usb wify adapter which works with yosemite ? Will there be any Hackintosh specific issue ? If so, which usb wify adapter should I purchase ??

Back