Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
Core i5-6600
Graphics
-
Is it possible and does it make any sense for me to update to Mojave?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-17 um 22.53.45.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-17 um 22.53.45.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 75
Is it possible and does it make any sense for me to update to Mojave?

Hello and Welcome.

Yes, it is possible.

That depends on why you are considering the upgrade. Mojave has the new-version App Store, it has the Light and Dark themes and it still supports 32-bit apps. Security has been updated too with more recent software-updates, so that is one advantage over Sierra.

If you are using the Clover bootloader you might wish to consider updating that, or switching to OpenCore instead.

Again, this all depends on why you might wish to upgrade.

:)

Thank You! Well, i use my hackintosh for music production and meanwhile there are some software updates like logix pro, newer plugins and also hardware (uad apollo) i'd like to use that only work with Mojave or higher.

Thank You! Well, i use my hackintosh for music production and meanwhile there are some software updates like logix pro, newer plugins and also hardware (uad apollo) i'd like to use that only work with Mojave or higher.

Okay, understood. :thumbup:

Personally I'd switch to the OpenCore boot-loader if you are currently using Clover. This is not compulsory but even the newest versions of Clover use elements of the OpenCore code, so if you like learning new stuff, give it a try.

If you are keeping your Z170 then consider a more recent system-definition to enable better compatibility with newer versions of macOS.

For more information take a look through our User Builds and Golden Builds threads. There are plenty of Audio Workstation PCs in there to get great ideas from. Search for Apollo UAD or Logic etc.

Okay, understood. :thumbup:

Personally I'd switch to the OpenCore boot-loader if you are currently using Clover. This is not compulsory but even the newest versions of Clover use elements of the OpenCore code, so if you like learning new stuff, give it a try.

If you are keeping your Z170 then consider a more recent system-definition to enable better compatibility with newer versions of macOS.

For more information take a look through our User Builds and Golden Builds threads. There are plenty of Audio Workstation PCs in there to get great ideas from. Search for Apollo UAD or Logic etc.

Thank you so much for the fast reply! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back