Contribute
Register

Update from Mojave to Catalina, now it reboot while loading progress bar. Need help :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I recall CCC doesn't back-up the EFI partition so it shouldn't cause confusion. However if you partitioned the back-up disk as GUID then there might be one. Check there's no EFI folder in it if so.

I'd recommend reading the successful build I linked to. He's gone from Mojave to Catalina too. What could be more useful?

:)
I have read it, thing is he have not encountered the same problem as I did.

I have read it, thing is he have not encountered the same problem as I did.

Understood, but that is the whole point. The OP did not have your problems with roughly the same hardware. You need to re-evaluate what you did differently.

Understood, but that is the whole point. The OP did not have your problems with roughly the same hardware. You need to re-evaluate what you did differently.

That feels like searching for a needle in a haystack in my case. I already tried so many other 'fixes' in the meantime.

Is there no info in the verbose? (wish I could read that myself)

I have read all the posts with similar issues in my situation. No luck, hope there are some suggestions to try before I write my clone back.

I can see it is properly installed, only boot problem as far as I can tell. :(

Thank you for your help!
Glenn

Is there no info in the verbose? (wish I could read that myself)

Well, yes there is and it is GPU related which is why I asked about what make of RX570 you are using.

But you didn't answer that, and anyway it was working under Mojave so I wouldn't expect new problems with Catalina.

Well, yes there is and it is GPU related which is why I asked about what make of RX570 you are using.

But you didn't answer that, and anyway it was working under Mojave so I wouldn't expect new problems with Catalina.
You missed it in post #6 :)

Sapphire Pulse RC 570 4GB

You missed it in post #6 :)

Sapphire Pulse RC 570 4GB

Apologies. Sapphire Pulse RX570 should be fine.

It looks like you have completely standard components then. The only clue prior to shutting down was the GPU reference, hence my comment.

If you've checked the obvious like no active Serial Port and VT-d disabled, check Secure boot is disabled in BIOS too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back